I Am Tired of Stupidities

what did I do? point out the fact that loading and unloading tunes with a Edge Platinum would not work..I just know from experience.

I try to help someone out that I dont even know..and it all of the sudden becomes and evil ploy. wow. just cant win.

All Adam did was point out that I couldn't leave the Edge plugged in and load an SCT file at the same time. I even asked you this on the phone and you told me it would not be a problem.

When I asked for the "LOONEY" tune I was expecting a "race" file, not a daily driver file.

Doug saw my post's and asked if I would like to try one of his. I accepted his offer.

He didn't know I was going to the track last night, hell either did I until I found out they were having a "Truck Trophy Night" at 9:30. Did I win, no. I went to load DJ's file and my truck wouldn't even start, so all I had time to do was load it back to stock and race, I had already gave them a dial in of 14.8 and couldn't change that. After that run I tried to load the LOONEY tune again and it went in and started. I ran both tunes 3 time a piece to see which one I like better. I just posted up my results.

Now if you think I'm on Doug's side why would I order the SCT and Accufab elbow from you????

SAK said:
All Adam did was point out that I couldn't leave the Edge plugged in and load an SCT file at the same time. I even asked you this on the phone and you told me it would not be a problem.

When I asked for the "LOONEY" tune I was expecting a "race" file, not a daily driver file.

Doug saw my post's and asked if I would like to try one of his. I accepted his offer.

He didn't know I was going to the track last night, hell either did I until I found out they were having a "Truck Trophy Night" at 9:30. Did I win, no. I went to load DJ's file and my truck wouldn't even start, so all I had time to do was load it back to stock and race, I had already gave them a dial in of 14.8 and couldn't change that. After that run I tried to load the LOONEY tune again and it went in and started. I ran both tunes 3 time a piece to see which one I like better. I just posted up my results.

Now if you think I'm on Doug's side why would I order the SCT and Accufab elbow from you????

:thankyou2:

David,

I make a point of telling everyone so I would have told you also and it's posted on our site http://www.dj-performance.com/Tunes.htm under Looney Race. We do not offer race files. In order to give you more power we request a video and timeslips on your truck, running the Looney. Based on that, we can give you more power and other tips too.

We do custom tuning. It's not just a matter of raise this and raise that. We know not everything works well on every truck. There's too many things to take into consideration in order to give you safe, reliable power and how your truck reacts to it is one of them.

DJ says, "we know it's not your fault, Doug is an ambulance chaser". He's decided to hold off on sending any race files until after the 14th and it's got to be across the board. Our Looney is still available just no special tuning. Please send us a video and timeslips if it is not of any of the runs listed above and in two weeks we will send you a file. You can then test it as often as you like.

Thanks,
Vivian

Last edited:
Thank you Viv. All I was trying to do is show how close your tunes already were. Basically trying to show how close the two tuners are and how close of a race it's going to be..............

I can only speak from expierence. The first time I met Dj, and vivian was in April. I have been around racing for many years.I have never seen anyone blow up their truck, and park it. Then proceed like he never even brought a truck. Dj came over to my cousin, and answered any question we had. He and Vivian are very nice, and he was very informative. So to here you guy's bash him makes me upset. I know for a fact he doesn't bad talk other companies, or there products. If you never knew him, and you had a question he would be there to give an answer. At least he did for my cousin. I think everyones problem is they don't want to listen.

I'm sorry what did you say?:hehe:

I say lets go have some fun, drink beer and race. (Not in that order)

Doug and DJ are two good guys. Make tunes not war boys.

Here is the race!! :pop: :pop: :pop: :pop: :tree: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :shake: :shake: :shake: :owned: :kick::badidea:

gees, these Fords sound like a pain in the ass.. I've never had to give up all the info on my truck, videos, pictures, timeslips, date of birth, what fuel station I buy from yada yada yada to buy something to make it faster..

"Sir how fast do you run in the 1/4 mile"
"Not fast enough"

Lucky Jeff said:
gees, these Fords sound like a pain in the ass.. I've never had to give up all the info on my truck, videos, pictures, timeslips, date of birth, what fuel station I buy from yada yada yada to buy something to make it faster..

"Sir how fast do you run in the 1/4 mile"
"Not fast enough"

they are a pain in the ass...but if you come with some unheard of HP number from a cummins..you know what happens..asked w1cked...what were there 80 pages..asking for proof..so maybe dodge and ford are running a closer race then you and I thought LOL

I've ran both vendors tunes. Doug makes some great towing files and some great race files. DJ makes some bad@ss race files. Both guys are knowledgable when it comes to the trucks. Both have great customer service and are there just about any time you call to answer questions or help you out.

With that being said I ran Doug's race file against the Looney. They were both within .1-.2 of each other on almost every run. Now, when switching over to DJ's racing stuff...that was a different story. The tune I'm running now ran .4 of a second better almost consistently. Don't know how he did it, or where he got the power from, but I love it.

My buddy has a 2wd CC SB that's running the regular Looney. My truck is a CC SB 4x4 on 35" tires. I ran him on the Looney file and he walked off from me. On the Looney Wild we held dead even until 100MPH where he started slowly creeping off from me. On the "race" file I pull him pretty hard from any speed.

I just wish I could be down there to see it. If Doug has some new tunes with more power it would probably be a pretty close race tune vs. tune. I don't know about all this "run what ya brung" though...DJ's crazy @ss is liable to show up with a 700HP lawnmower.:hehe:

HD_F250 said:
I don't know about all this "run what ya brung" though...DJ's crazy @ss is liable to show up with a 700HP lawnmower.:hehe:

Sh!t, i'm pretty sure its gonna be more than just a 700HP lawnmower!

I have dealing with Dj for a good 4 years now and he's never led me wrong. In my driveway there are four 6.0 tuned by him. He's always great to deal with and won't sell you a part he hasn't tested himslf. I just hope I can make it to Morosso this weekend.

If I was 3 hours there would be no if's, and's, or but's about it...try more like 12 for me...sux!

Back