I want shop pictures..

This is just and 55x40. Putting a overhead crane in this winter for the short bay.

ny9y5e2y.jpg

egy5amyv.jpg

yvebyzev.jpg

uguhy5uz.jpg

abaqu7ym.jpg

I would like to ask why you went 55 feet? and not 60? LOL just a curious thought to me

LOL,, one damn tree,, lol,, must have been a lot of sex tied to that tree,,, lMAO

Lol. The worst part is its probably going to be cut down in a year or two then it keeps growing into the shop

Whats the preferred choice for interior walls......plywood or drywall?

Both will have insulation rolls behind them and both would be painted

I know with houses, contractors can give you a "per square foot estimate", but how much are these detached garages/shops going for?

Trying to figure out my build budget.....

Also, whats the most effective way for shop heat?

Propane, natural gas, etc?

Wood seems to be cheap, as long as the wood can burn fast enough to produce heat and provided that there is enough wood available

What's the average thickness for concrete floors in most shops?

Are those fiber strands good addition for strength or should cross mess be used?

Are the floors in your shops completely flat or are you grading them for drainage?

Don't know what "common is" but the concrete guys told me 3" on the house and 4" on the shop was normal. So we poured 4" on the house and 5" on the shop. :D With proper cross cutting on 10' centers, I've yet to find a crack in the shop.

I would level one bay as best as possible. It tremendously cuts down guess work and tedious mathematical equations when doing fab work.

Are those fiber strands good addition for strength or should cross mess be used?

Are the floors in your shops completely flat or are you grading them for drainage?

4" is normal but I would go 5", 6" if you are working on farm equipment or heavy duty trucks.

I will never trust fiber strands, go with wire mesh at least but highly recommend #3 rebar.

Slope most to an exterior door or drain, but as suggested above either slope very slight or make one bay flat for fab purposes.

Is there anyone on here that can do archetectural (sp?) drawings? My son in law had a great idea,, why not add on to the existing garage and make it more useful... my wife is on board as long as I can make it work with the house....

We went with a 5-6" slab with #4 rebar,I need to be able to pull in a 23k payloader.

QUOTE=D45;1986767]What's the average thickness for concrete floors in most shops?

Are the floors in your shops completely flat or are you grading them for drainage?[/QUOTE]

Back