I want shop pictures..

my little shop outback 30x55. plumbed with 7/8" garage-pak air system.
IMG_0157.jpg
[/IMG]

Here is our shop

Shop.jpg

Cold Side
ViewintoShop.jpg

Shop
Shop3.jpg

Shop1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, 56x90 with the shop being 36x56. Does the job wish it was bigger but O well hind sight is always 20/20.

I'm in the middle of putting up this 80X50 shop,I bought a used steel building that had already been dismantled,came with the tin,overhead doors,access doors and lighting.Hoping to get some tin screwed on here soon.
photobucket-5557-1340432756235.jpg

photobucket-4764-1326663247378.jpg

photobucket-27962-1340432755449.jpg

would you mind giving some details on where and how much you bought the used shop dismantled?
id like to see pics as progress is made also.

close to exactly what I want. I may go 60 and have a 20 ft lean to

The shop was originally 50X160 and a 20ft lean to,it was already dismantled, paid 10k for it.A comparable steel building 80x50 would cost about 40-45k for the kit.We probably have 14k into the concrete slab,mud goes for around $160/yard in our area.I'm going with the spray foam insulation due to the winds we get up here and the winter temps,we are at 7600ft elevation.
-Tim

would you mind giving some details on where and how much you bought the used shop dismantled?
id like to see pics as progress is made also.

close to exactly what I want. I may go 60 and have a 20 ft lean to

Big Tim, what temps would you see? What kind of heating system are you going with, forced air, radiant heat or?

DEF AGREE!! Tim where in gods green earth is that?? i may be packing my s***!!

Looks like amazing mule deer country!

Northern New Mexico looking North?

Edit: His profile says "Colorado"..that was dumb..but on a lighter note, looking North is Colorado so I was pretty correct with my guess. :hehe:

Last edited:
ha ha i saw the colorado thing.. but my oh my where in colorado....

i swear his back yard looks like mule deer heaven!

For a couple of weeks it'll get down to -10 maybe -15 sometimes,rest of the winter is around 0-20 range.
I'm going with a pair of big fan coils hanging from the ceiling,I stayed away from radiant due the shop not being used all the time.
The fan coils will bring it up to 55-60 deg temp relatively quick without having to warm 4000sf of cold concrete.

Big Tim, what temps would you see? What kind of heating system are you going with, forced air, radiant heat or?

Glad you guys like the view,I'm on the North side of Hwy 82 overlooking Carbondale Colorado,
We have mule deer running around like rabbits,lots of Elk to.

Last edited:
Thats not really alot different than here (other than the week or 2 of -40 come January.

For a couple of weeks it'll get down to -10 maybe -15 sometimes,rest of the winter is around 0-20 range.
I'm going with a pair of big fan coils hanging from the ceiling,I stayed away from radiant due the shop not being used all the time.
The fan coils will bring it up to 55-60 deg temp relatively quick without having to warm 4000sf of cold concrete.

Glad you guys like the view,I'm on the North side of Hwy 82 overlooking Carbondale Colorado,
We have mule deer running around like rabbits,lots of Elk to.

Sure is Beautiful! You interested in adopting?! lmao
I bet you could shoot um off the porch around there! ha ha
jealous for sure! thanks for puttin up the pictures!:Cheer:

If youre passing with an RV stop by, we have an RV hookup.Spend a couple a days bambi bashin!There's private land tags left over for Elk,season is good till Jan 15th.

Sure is Beautiful! You interested in adopting?! lmao
I bet you could shoot um off the porch around there! ha ha
jealous for sure! thanks for puttin up the pictures!:Cheer:

The shop was originally 50X160 and a 20ft lean to,it was already dismantled, paid 10k for it.A comparable steel building 80x50 would cost about 40-45k for the kit.We probably have 14k into the concrete slab,mud goes for around $160/yard in our area.I'm going with the spray foam insulation due to the winds we get up here and the winter temps,we are at 7600ft elevation.
-Tim

WOW, thats a great deal! Congrats on the find, let me know if you happen to run across others or know where to look.

Good luck with getting it all together.

On edit: how tall is it?

Last edited:
The peak is around 24ft,the side walls are about 14ft on the outside,keep an ear to the ground with your local demolition company ,they will sell the steel to ya for scrap price normally.If you find an older building make sure it is up to code for wind and snow load.
-Tim

WOW, thats a great deal! Congrats on the find, let me know if you happen to run across others or know where to look.

Good luck with getting it all together.

On edit: how tall is it?

If youre passing with an RV stop by, we have an RV hookup.Spend a couple a days bambi bashin!There's private land tags left over for Elk,season is good till Jan 15th.

wish i had the time to make it up there.. havent been to colorado in a few years. Been wanting to get up there and see an ex! ha ha (well she has been wanting me too!)

good luck with the rest of the build tim! keep us updated with pictures