uploadfromtaptalk1360603916022.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360603934943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360603934943.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360603979825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360603979825.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 0
little more done on mine, ran out of materials so i took down the old shed roof. i am ready for concrete and trusses. Any opinions on roll up doors? i am planing on a 10x10 or a 10x12 roll up so i dont have to worry about hitting the back end of a vehicle when it is on the lift or blocking my lighting.

Attachments

• garage6.jpg
    garage6.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • garage7.jpg
    garage7.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
this is are shop, its my fathers but with still living at home me and my brother end up using it more than he does. its 36-50ft.
IMG_20121117_150828.jpg

jon

I guess , you could call it a shop (was a DC-10)
makin the best of materials on hand
28' x 40' 11'5" tall

2-2013-04200121.jpg

2-2013-04200141.jpg

0061.jpg

012-1.jpg

003s.jpg

006-1.jpg

I don't know why but this one is my favorite! And I have always dreamed of a 40'x60'. I guess the only downside to it is no lift. How in the world did you get that home?

got the trusses set last night with just 2 of us. putting the slats on tonight, building rafters off the back of the truss and up to the peak of the existing roof this weekend. finally it will be under roof next week!

Attachments

• garage10.jpg
    garage10.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 0
Do you get snow there? I am assuming not with the valley between the existing and new.

we do get snow, the valley will be covered. the roof line will continue on a 2/12 pitch along the trusses. i will attach rafters on the end of the trusses with joist hangers and they will set on a ledger board at the existing peak. i am putting a new roof on the entire 1 side of the garage. the rafters will be supported in the middle as well being tied into the existing roof trusses. just dont have the funds and time to do a bunch of work at once so it has to be done in steps. it was just me another my father in law last night setting all the trusses manually from 4pm to dark. i will keep posting pics of progress. planning on getting the rafters up this weekend so i can measure and order my metal roof. at least then it is completely dried in.

the valley that is there is actually right now completely dry. it has a galvanized gutter system in the bottom of the valley that serves its purpose for now. that is actually the type area that i advised you against. it is a problem area but mine will be covered soon.

it was hard for me to explain, pics are worth 1000 words. just run out of material and time. it has been a sat only project since the beginning. I should be able to order metal within 2 weeks.

My new shop build is still at a standstill,I've been so focused on the land speed race truck that work on the shop has been neglected,I have to get moving on it again, its bloody june already!!

anyone ever heard from big tim on how his building is coming?

So I have finally come to a conclusion that I am going to build a 40x40. Now, just to finish planning out the little details. One of those decisions is wether to go with a slab for the floor or do a foundation wall. Or to go with a pole shed, or to stick build.

No fun tim! i was hopin for some more pictures! ha ha

Mo keep us posted on the progress. I am in the process of buying 10 acres now, and am leaning towards 40x60 with a 2 bed apartment un-attached out back.
pictures pictures and more pictures! id love to see drawings as well!

Anyone know a metal building place that will travel to New Mexico to build a shop? Size is 150x300. I looked on google found a company out of Texas just want to see what other options

With a concrete pad and a 20x30 shop......how much do you guys think I am looking at?

I would want electrical and heat down the road, but that's something I can do myself over time

Eventually I'm just going for a 30x30 with 3 bay doors, or a 30x40 wide. Pretty much just a frame and shell with doors and power with lots of outlets LOL Oh, and sturdy, for the tornados.

Finally got my metal roof on and 7 yds of 4500lb concrete. It has cured over a month and the lift is up. Will post pics when i get to my desktop at work this weelend