Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

11.9@107 fuel only with a 1.66 60 foot. It needs a gear swap and some tuning to pull hard on the top end, kinda fell off after the 1/8th mile. Very happy to hit 11s first tiime out!

If I had a fraction of the excess fuel you left in the atmosphere, I'd be in the 10s. Blacked out the track from one end to the other. I don't think the CTS-V was too happy getting spanked by a dually. Especially after the anouncer started picking on him about it. :hehe:

11.9@107 fuel only with a 1.66 60 foot. It needs a gear swap and some tuning to pull hard on the top end, kinda fell off after the 1/8th mile. Very happy to hit 11s first tiime out!

Wow, and I thought my traps were bad when I ran 12.0s at 110 lol. What gear and tire diameter again?

33/12.50s with 4.10 gears. With the 3.55s and this new charger it is definitely going to need a looser converter.

Im sure you have a fuel pressure gauge on that thing, just speaking out of experience when I was adding fuel, cam, bigger turbo, timing etc etc I thought my walboro pump was keeping up but the truck was falling flat on its face after the 1/8 and wasnt going faster. Put a f.p gauge on and watched it drop to zero. Put the air dog on and went from 12.1 to 11.5. 11s first time out is an acomplishment in it self keep chipping at it.

33/12.50s with 4.10 gears. With the 3.55s and this new charger it is definitely going to need a looser converter.

Hmmmm, you should have more mph than that unless i'm missing something. Granted you have a dually but wouldn't think that matters at speed except for maybe some additional wind resistance. I have 4.10s and had 31.6" tires when running my 12.0s at 110. Where is your timing and do you think you have any valve train stability issues or anything else not readily apparent? 11.9s is a very strong first half at that mph!

Im sure you have a fuel pressure gauge on that thing, just speaking out of experience when I was adding fuel, cam, bigger turbo, timing etc etc I thought my walboro pump was keeping up but the truck was falling flat on its face after the 1/8 and wasnt going faster. Put a f.p gauge on and watched it drop to zero. Put the air dog on and went from 12.1 to 11.5. 11s first time out is an acomplishment in it self keep chipping at it.

Agreed, FP could be a culprit as well.

We're going to move the in cab fuel gauge to the regulator on the ppump instead of on the airdog so we know what pressure the pump is getting. We need to get a timing light on it to make sure were on track with timing, then a lot more air!

Lavon

We're going to move the in cab fuel gauge to the regulator on the ppump instead of on the airdog so we know what pressure the pump is getting. We need to get a timing light on it to make sure were on track with timing, then a lot more air!

Lavon

I should be heading up there this weekend sometime, I'll bring the light with me.

I'm still not sure on that FP....honestly, I would check with Airdog and see if they normally see that kind of pressure drop. If so, they need to fix their pump...my old FASS HPFP 150 would hold 40psi constant on that pump...

Chris

Im surprised its dropping like that. My 165 doesnt move. Sits at 40-45lbs

Are you still running a stock lift pump? I have a pick up for the air dog and a pick up for the stocker and have no issues with pressure.

Well, I read the slip wrong, I trapped at 109mph. I am running 15 gallon fuel cell to a ad250 to the pump. All of the stock stuff is gone