Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

I think u guys either need to spray it or take fuel away from pump plain simple.

I had a set of full cuts in my truck it was dirty but I could clear up in high rpm that was with a 12mm pump at about 400 cc. With a 71mm with 2.6 plug made 630 on c&c dyno something isnt right on that setup..ust seems like way to much fuel.

I had a set of full cuts in my truck it was dirty but I could clear up in high rpm that was with a 12mm pump at about 400 cc. With a 71mm with 2.6 plug made 630 on c&c dyno something isnt right on that setup..ust seems like way to much fuel.

Well, depending on what they adjusted, that pump had 550cc's or better. Lowest it can go is about 400ish, max is 650...CDS does a nice job:D

Chris

I am running a E.D 472 now but sold it and I am putting on a billet 478 this week. We are going to try to swap out the 4.10s for the 3.55s this week as well as hook up the nitrous to spool. Running at edgewater to see the difference. It pulls damn hard until around 1000ft then just falls on its face but smoke and boost still stay up.

I am running a E.D 472 now but sold it and I am putting on a billet 478 this week. We are going to try to swap out the 4.10s for the 3.55s this week as well as hook up the nitrous to spool. Running at edgewater to see the difference. It pulls damn hard until around 1000ft then just falls on its face but smoke and boost still stay up.

That pump should also fuel 48-5000RPM....I dynoed it up to about 4800 and it still had fuel, just out of air.

Chris

It goes there and fuels, just doesn't pull. We are completely blind with timing so I'm not worrying too much until we can figure out where exactly it is set, then we can adjust accordingly. I really think it would have a sweet spot around 28*. There are many guys that hear it run and think we are way into the 30s, closer to 40*

It goes there and fuels, just doesn't pull. We are completely blind with timing so I'm not worrying too much until we can figure out where exactly it is set, then we can adjust accordingly. I really think it would have a sweet spot around 28*. There are many guys that hear it run and think we are way into the 30s, closer to 40*

I haven't heard it, but if my guesstimates are correct, I'm thinking you're in the high 30's....timing should not be a problem at high RPM.

Does the boost still drop in OD at high RPM? Drive still stay up when boost drops?

Chris

When I would take it on a wot run boost would stay about 50-55psi until od then jump up to 65ish and maintain that.

Lavon was saying in OD at higher RPM the boost would drop to 30spi and drive would stay up around 80psi??

Chris

I'm thinking that was before we got the wastegate hooked up and the gate was blowing open at about 40psi.

Could you post up the split times?

Curious to see your 1/8 mile MPH and ET.

As well as 1000' ET and MPH.

Chris I figured out the issue with boost falling off was a regulator issue on the external gate.

Well, I can't seem to sell my charger to run lavons so we will see what happens, worst case I will just send mine in to get upgraded. The plan is to run at edgewater Friday if it isn't underwater from all the flooding. We are wanting to hook up the spray with the purge into the intake to help spool as well as a baby shot to start out with. We also need to figure out the timing instead of guessing. I want to set it to 28*. If there is still time then the 4.10s will be swapped out for the 3.55s. If lavon sees this he can get a breakdown of the 11.9 run because the slip is in the console at his place. Busy week! Hoping for good racing Friday with a great turnout!