Ive SEEN THE LIGHT!!! Ppump drag truck build

Well, after some simple math, it looks like the wheels and tires are hurting me more than I expected. Every lb of rotating mass = 8lbs of weight. We have at least 200lbs of extra rotating mass. 200x8=1600lbs. For every 200lbs of weight you shave off your truck you gain 1 tenth. So with the math on the conservative side the tires are hurting us at least 8 tenths, maybe even a full second. Back to the drawing board. I guess we will either over compensate for power or put slicks on it. Opinions?

While it's quite possible that the math works for lighter cars with low torque motors, I dont think it has nearly as much effect on a heavy high torque diesel truck.

I'm sure you'd run quicker with lighter weight wheels, but not 8 tenths.

Yep the weight of the tires are hurting you. It was good talking to you guys fri. night at the track. Hope the see all the crew at the race this weekend. Jeff

Thanks Jeff, It was good talking to you as well. I meant to introduce myself at the florida race but I never saw you by your truck. We will be there with some changes this weekend if all goes well!

While it's quite possible that the math works for lighter cars with low torque motors, I dont think it has nearly as much effect on a heavy high torque diesel truck.

I'm sure you'd run quicker with lighter weight wheels, but not 8 tenths.

I have my eyes on a new wheel and tire setup and I would save at least 280lbs of rotating mass. It will be interesting to see the difference. So if you guys want to find out, get someone to buy my wheels and tires in the Classifides!

Good bring me some good liqour down or some canadian logger women EHHH

Metallic gold spray...

Looks awful familiar LOL

c732a0f9.jpg

Hey Ive got one like that, well mostly anyway..washed the truck day after putting the tranny in and ended up with tons of gold flakes in the car wash from washing the underside lol.

hows the truck coming, are there any updates.
i seen this truck run up by columbus and it was pretty impressive

Slow, I am working on getting my daily driver back together but I just got my billet 476 yesterday so I'm getting the itch again. I just need to get a T-6 manifold and a head gasket on the blue truck and it will be ready to go. I am also ordering drag radials shortly. I want it to go fast so bad but I needed a little time away to clear my head because I know it will be a long, long road but it gets frustrating going slower every time out and constantly battling problems.
I'm not complaining though, I can't wait to have my problems back!! I have been driving a loaner jeep and didn't know how much I would miss these trucks until they were gone!
On a side note, I haven't talked to anyone else about this but I believe we have a fuel delivery problem somewhere. The airdog 250 is dropping pressure way too much. I also think the pop offs on the injectors are way too low and that could gain some power as well. We will see, I would like to try some bigger injectors out of curiosity. I can't wait to get racing again...