JSP's Triples via GTX4508's/Tial stainless housings.

That's more boost than I was expecting. My set made over 1200hp at 80psi

We made 1250hp on a single promod 88mm at ~80 psi. I'm looking for more than that.

Post up the sweep, I think you had it in another thread.

Last edited:
Got another tuning session in tonight... a couple more pulls in reference to the old 64/480.

Twinsvstriples2_zpsd643435e.jpg

One pull to see where it crossed the 64/s480 and does so at 3000 rpm....might be able to do a bit better than that yet.

Another pull working on peak power...found some more fuel out of these 4 year old injectors!!! Pretty much time to swap in the latest set.

What about out of the primaries?

I added the primary pressure data..... ~56psi.

I can't really say, as I never ran these chargers any other way, but I do feel that the tubular manifold does hurt spool considerably, but when they do come its like a light switch. I think my 96mm 1.32 s480 would actually out boost it in the lower rpms.....need to compare some pulls as a single.

As to top end power they are great though, the thing just wants to run away. Torrey's running a single volute housing as well and we were really surprised how well it spooled.

I would be intresting to see what the spool difference would be with a manifold using a smaller runner. Also if the smaller runner would affect peak hp any compared to the current runner size.

1500hp and that's with the old injectors, what's your goal 2000hp on fuel alone? That truck is incredible. If it stays together please try to bring it to Edmonton this year, or post when you're going to be in Alberta pulling with it. Can't wait to see final product, just awesome!

From a pure spooling low rpm boost threshold I just don't think you ever beat a pulse log type manifold, small volume high velocity. I'm starting to buy into the high rpm flow potential though. The runner's pretty much match the port or a little larger, don't think a guy would want to go smaller.

1500hp and that's with the old injectors, what's your goal 2000hp on fuel alone? That truck is incredible. If it stays together please try to bring it to Edmonton this year, or post when you're going to be in Alberta pulling with it. Can't wait to see final product, just awesome!

LOL.....still running like a top, blow by has dropped some more, rings are setting up nicely.

I just know you like to push the envelope, this was not a shot about your ability, I would just love to se this truck in person.

No, I absolutely find it funny because this facking dyno has done some severe humbling in the order of 3 transmission's, two broken block's, Torrie's had a fuel pump let go and I think that's when we initially tweeked that promod charger.

The dyno was cheap, the destruction it's caused has been a mo-fo!

Are you going to pull with Pinnacle at all this year Chris?

Yeah likely if the dyno don't claim another victim. It's been three season's since I've pulled and forget how. That group is pretty clique, they didn't seem to want to acknowledge the trucks and consider the tractor's the show.

Last edited:
Dyno's are fun to have, nice to learn from and teach you new lessons daily! Cheap and dyno's do not belong in the same sentence.

Yeah likely if the dyno don't claim another victim. It's been three season's since I've pulled and forget how. That group is pretty clique, they didn't seem to want to acknowledge the trucks and consider the tractor's the show.

Kenny has come to realize that the trucks put people in the stands too. He treated us well at Yorkton and Saskatoon last year. We didn't have enough trucks to make seperate classes, so everybody pulled together, the street trucks to the unlimited trucks. He made sure that everybody got something for coming though.

I still think you can squeeze a bit more out of these injectors... :nos:

What will the CFM be?

It's 250 lbs/min. I believe that equates to 3270CFM if the air density value I used is correct. Just depends on what the ambient air conditions are. But one thing for sure is the two primary turbos will produce 250 lbs/min just before choking.