JSP's Triples via GTX4508's/Tial stainless housings.

Wow. That is the tightest engine bay I have ever seen on a cummins. Beautiful!

I might have put my foot in my mouth, sorry. I'm gonna go with NIRA and Dodge/Cummins. Final answer.

Correct.

Nira runs the engine, Dodge/Cummins run the dash and accessories. This is not a stripped out race truck, but still a full load street truck. If he could find a long enough belt the AC would still even work, but for now he figured the extra cp3 was worth more than the AC. LOL

I'm still getting over the fact he has his own dyno.

Farmers have to have enough "expenses" every year for tax purposes. Looks like ag equipment to me!

The sad part is that however much he put into his truck, plus the dyno, the green (or whatever color he uses) machines working on the farm cost waaaayyy more.

Farmers have to have enough "expenses" every year for tax purposes. Looks like ag equipment to me!

The sad part is that however much he put into his truck, plus the dyno, the green (or whatever color he uses) machines working on the farm cost waaaayyy more.

Isn't that the truth. His one big yellow tractor, I would venture to guess, cost more than the truck, the mods, and the dyno combined. However it also makes money, the dodge just burns it and time.

JSP isn't very brand loyal, there are all colors out there, and the duramax's well out number the cummins on the truck side.

So rumor has it this was on the dyno this evening making some break in (new engine, last one split a cylinder) heat cycle pulls on the dyno, still even has the break in oil in it.

JSP took it to 1740us and it made... Well you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but just wait until he changes the oil and start putting some fuel and timing to it. :ft:

Funny, I'm still running the break-in oil in my 95' Junker Drag Truck. It's full of assembly lube, zinc additive for the cam break-in, STP additive, (1) gallon of Rotella T-6, and remainder is conventional 15-40 probably from Walmart.

Don't be hating on break-in lube, it's good stuff!!!! By the way, I probably should change my oil before the next race, who knows how much new metal is floating around in there!!!!

Back to JSP's triples dyno runs, we want more numbers!!!! Possibly some of the super secret boost between stages and total, egt, iat numbers, etc....

Last edited:
I can tell you that he was on the dyno again last night, after changing the oil (not that the break in oil isn't good, it is more the stuff that is floating around in the oil from breaking a recently machined block in).

He was just putting more heat cycles in last night to break in the rings more, and was playing with the wastegate controls. With 10 microseconds of duration added (not sure what else may have been changed) it picked up almost 70hp. Was 1268 uncorrected at 1750us, for you 12v guys that 1750us doesn't mean anything to, there is good fuel until at least 2500us.

Chris didn't give me the boost and drive, ect... for last night so I will let him add it when he is ready.

I'm actually curious about EGT's too. And transmission. Unless it's in this thread and I missed it, which is very possible LOL

I'm assuming he's still not going all out on these heat cycle runs?

Actually never got around to changing the oil, it did arrive but I was swamped going through the instrumentation configuration and still have a issue with pressure's to work out.

I'm embarrassed to say the power it picked up was simply from raising the rev limiter. I had forgotten that I lowered it when I was doing some testing on it before the last tear down.

So far I've just been doing "attempted" steady state pulls to work on points in the tune and they dyno can't hold it in direct, its maxing the brake on both load cells. So to that end even at the fuel its at it should be reading higher if it could hold it. Going to call Superflow and go through the configuration to make sure the eddy's are getting full drive.

It sounds and feel's phucking fantastic!

1347fuel_zpsf807b4fb.jpg

The lower curve is a single channel load cell peaked out.

1268maxedloadcells_zps516fd367.png

Last edited: