JSP's Triples via GTX4508's/Tial stainless housings.

I'm getting some interesting results when controlling parallel cp3s with a standalone. it's almost like the FCAs get into a race condition when they're in parallel and then they either make way too much pressure or way too little. I never seem to get the correct amount until I hit the magic pressure balance between the two and it cooperates. The voltages check out identical across both FCAs.

Might be a linearity issue of the actuator/s. The basics of how I do it is setup the modulation current for full fuel (.4 amps x 3) ~ 1.2 amps and zero fuel (1.7 amps x 3) ~ 5 amps.

Now even if they were different pumps, you would still get full actuator movement but a flow curve that would be a combination of the sum that would have to be mapped by trial and analysis.

A fine tuned predictive or look forward table for the volume control valves is where it's at.

The current to volume map table is in the firmware now. I may have to setup a flow bench and remap what I've been given. In fact, that could be the only answer.

Love the triple CP3's Chris. Checking in to see if you've made headway on the triple turbo setup.

Total fiasco, but this is JSP's build to tell as he wishes.

I can tell you it is slowly coming together. With any luck it will make smoke before planting season arrives.

Thanks for update. I know all about fiascos my engine finally made it back into the truck 13 months after project started. Very interested in outcome as with all his projects.

The triples are finally up next...
The live feed:

null_zpsfa6dca86.jpg

That's turbine housing contact, and there's no way the compressor housing clears, so this is in the process of being moved.

Thanks. Ed sized the turbos for me and truck source diesel designed the piping with elite performance and fabrication. The 1185 was on my old setup with nitrous, we are hoping to beat that fuel only in a week or 2 once we get it running.

That's about $11,000 worth of air.. That is some expensive air

Nice looking setup. I ran one of these as a single, really liked it, I couldn't even imagine the sound 3 of them will make lol

So rumor has it this was on the dyno this evening making some break in (new engine, last one split a cylinder) heat cycle pulls on the dyno, still even has the break in oil in it.

JSP took it to 1740us and it made... Well you wouldn't believe me if I told you, but just wait until he changes the oil and start putting some fuel and timing to it. :ft:

so rumor has it this was on the dyno this evening making some break in (new engine, last one split a cylinder) heat cycle pulls on the dyno, still even has the break in oil in it.

Jsp took it to 1740us and it made... Well you wouldn't believe me if i told you, but just wait until he changes the oil and start putting some fuel and timing to it. :ft:

eleventy thousand horse pressures????

Doing some break in runs now and still on the break in oil. Here's some photo's of the progress for catch up. I'll grab an under hood shot of the madness today.

The GTX4508's are deceivingly quiet, my first pull gauging by sound what I thought would be a nice 400hp break in steady state pull was actually 900hp. Two pulls later 1200hp.......:hehe: Going to put a brick under the throttle and get some more ring seat time before I give it the fuel.

null_zps91a96e19.jpg

null_zps766a9957.jpg

null_zps4fe8adac.jpg

null_zpsf75ae0a2.jpg

null_zps1ad7a2d4.jpg

P4030157_zps7b1b6678.jpg

truckphotosandvid001_zpsdd50fa24.jpg

null_zpsce64f5fb.jpg

P4030161_zpsca415af8.jpg

Man oh man that turbo setup is sweet!! What do you do with this truck? I don't imagine you race it being a 4door 4wd, so is it a puller or just a fun toy to spend money on and make huge power numbers?
EDIT-not sure why I thought it's 4wd and 4 door since I can't see any evidence of either of those in this thread, except maybe the front tires.

Last edited:
Back