July 18 Numidia PA East Coast Nationals

Big thanks to NADM for putting on a great event, Had an excellent time and got to make a few slow runs, time for more fuel.

Cummins Fever it was good to meet you as well man and thanks for taking my TST off my hands!!

It was good to meet you too! Now I have a face to put to the name! Thanx!

Great event, definitely will attend next year!

Just got home.
Nice job NADM. Nice set up, and the turnout was stellar.
I had more than a great time. Good to see everyone again, and put some more faces with names, and names with screen names.

Some pictures I took:
P4300001.jpg

P4300002.jpg

P4300003.jpg

P4300004.jpg

P4300008.jpg

P4300009.jpg

P4300012.jpg

P4300013.jpg

P4300016.jpg

P4300020.jpg

P4300021.jpg

P4300028.jpg

P4300029.jpg

To say I was impressed is probably a understatement of how this show went.If it was not the facilities largest crowd and turnout of competitors combined I would have to say it was close.I have raced many NHRA Divisional events there and even with the cars they have this crowd was almost bigger,if not bigger.The show was run with ease and the NADM should be proud of what they accomplished in our area.Both NADM and the Competitors deserve a BIG THANK YOU for putting on a great show.

I was even more impressed with the crowd and the way they behaved.No incidents of getting out of hand and when I chatted with the local police late in the day they were very happy with the way everyone handled themselves.While sitting along the gate at the entrance the people kept coming in all day long and right up until the last truck was run just to get a glimpse of what was happening.Having chatted with a couple of friends of mine who are weekly bracket racers at Numidia they also were impressed with the speeds of the diesels and the sheer amount of power displayed by the sled pullers.When you can make a fan out of someone who has never witnessed a diesel event ever then you are going the right way.

The negatives,and yes there were a few,were minor and nothing that couldn't be fixed easily.These are just my opinion and my opinion only.
-The first one would be the bathrooms,Numidia staff needs to make sure they are kept in both paper towels and toilet paper along with making sure water is mopped up off the floor so people do not slip and fall.I actually seen and helped a older gentleman who had fell in the Mens room late in the Afternoon due to water laying on the floor.
-The second one is better concessions to help feed the masses.Since I have been at Numidia many times I can honestly say that yesterdays food was NOT a reflection of what it normally was.Their food is usually some of the best found at local race tracks and it was very easy to see they were completely overwhelmed by how bad the food was.The burgers which I had gotten late in the day resembled a asphalt patch with how black they were and were thrown away when I found out they tasted as bad as they looked.Someone will need to impress upon Numidia that outside vendors will Be needed to support a crowd of this size or he will need more concessions.
-Local advertisement in the news print would have drawn more local pullers and crowd.It was quite evident that many of the normal local puller shyed away from this even or didn't know about it.Newsprint ads locally would have drawn them in and could possibly have overwhelmed the NADM bunch.Local pulls draw alot of 2.6/2.8 trucks yet many were non-existent at Numidia.
-Better advertisement and a better area for those who do show-n-shine would have provided many more vehicles for that part.

NADM couldn't have asked for better weather and a better day for a show.It was well worth the gate for the days worth of great entertainment and for those who came a good time was had.I will look forward to the next round next year as it can only get bigger.....Andy

Hammer, you need to post up again Quickly!!!!

Look at your post count number!!!! 666

Whoa!!!!!

Hammer, you need to post up again Quickly!!!!

Look at your post count number!!!! 666

Whoa!!!!!

I seen it as soon as I hit the enter button,LMAO!

Kman...
I believe that TJ was 3rd when they finished.

To say I was impressed is probably a understatement of how this show went.If it was not the facilities largest crowd and turnout of competitors combined I would have to say it was close.I have raced many NHRA Divisional events there and even with the cars they have this crowd was almost bigger,if not bigger.The show was run with ease and the NADM should be proud of what they accomplished in our area.Both NADM and the Competitors deserve a BIG THANK YOU for putting on a great show.

I was even more impressed with the crowd and the way they behaved.No incidents of getting out of hand and when I chatted with the local police late in the day they were very happy with the way everyone handled themselves.While sitting along the gate at the entrance the people kept coming in all day long and right up until the last truck was run just to get a glimpse of what was happening.Having chatted with a couple of friends of mine who are weekly bracket racers at Numidia they also were impressed with the speeds of the diesels and the sheer amount of power displayed by the sled pullers.When you can make a fan out of someone who has never witnessed a diesel event ever then you are going the right way.

The negatives,and yes there were a few,were minor and nothing that couldn't be fixed easily.These are just my opinion and my opinion only.
-The first one would be the bathrooms,Numidia staff needs to make sure they are kept in both paper towels and toilet paper along with making sure water is mopped up off the floor so people do not slip and fall.I actually seen and helped a older gentleman who had fell in the Mens room late in the Afternoon due to water laying on the floor.
-The second one is better concessions to help feed the masses.Since I have been at Numidia many times I can honestly say that yesterdays food was NOT a reflection of what it normally was.Their food is usually some of the best found at local race tracks and it was very easy to see they were completely overwhelmed by how bad the food was.The burgers which I had gotten late in the day resembled a asphalt patch with how black they were and were thrown away when I found out they tasted as bad as they looked.Someone will need to impress upon Numidia that outside vendors will Be needed to support a crowd of this size or he will need more concessions.
-Local advertisement in the news print would have drawn more local pullers and crowd.It was quite evident that many of the normal local puller shyed away from this even or didn't know about it.Newsprint ads locally would have drawn them in and could possibly have overwhelmed the NADM bunch.Local pulls draw alot of 2.6/2.8 trucks yet many were non-existent at Numidia.
-Better advertisement and a better area for those who do show-n-shine would have provided many more vehicles for that part.

NADM couldn't have asked for better weather and a better day for a show.It was well worth the gate for the days worth of great entertainment and for those who came a good time was had.I will look forward to the next round next year as it can only get bigger.....Andy

well said..
x2 onthe conssesion stand.. it didnt seam on par with the amount people there nornally a 40-45 minute wait was the norm... def somehting to be addresses next time.

all in all very good event!

Hmmm...
Spy shot of someone we all know doing something he NEVER does while at a show...LMAO!

It must have been because he was parked in front of Dockboy and Greg's truck was cleaner...Oh crap,thats right,Gregs truck has spent more time in the garge than being driven so it supposed to be clean.I guess someone should have told Ted that so he could relax,LOL......Andy

Attachments

• NADM Numidia 068a.jpg
    NADM Numidia 068a.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 88
Definately a great time, great facility too...glad to see a national event come to PA and the state be well represented.

Looking forward to next year.

I had a great time, will definitely make it a yearly trip if NADM keeps coming back. I have video of quite a few of the pulling trucks and I will work on getting them up in the next day or so.