july 24 TS updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been racing long enough to know that if you missed the drivers meeting...didn't show up untill things for next year were being discussed you probably wouldn't be allowed to race that day.
If you wanna know everything that's discussed...be at the damned meeting. Don't miss 90% of it, admit it online then complain because nobody told you all about it.
Agreed ?

MEANCOMMONRAIL: I was impressed with the truck it looked to run great and the four wheel drive burner way past the 60ft mark didn't hurt any of your fan favoritism.

Thanks for the video HaloMan.. :rockwoot: Really didnt seem to be that hot in the video..:poke:

I reread this entire thread and best I can tell both trucks bumped in with the first bulb then Mike staged and Meachem couldn't get on top of his chargers before it timed out? Is that what happened? If so, what's the gripe, don't light the first bulb unless you know you can get it done in the 7 seconds. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that. If you can't light them don't light the first bulb. Max'd Out can be tough to spool as well, especially at a high DA, it was over 9000 feet in Wyoming last month and we had to use NOS to spool the chargers. We get them spooled as we are coming to the first bulb. It get tricky to hold and not push through the brakes but doable. I'd give the other guy as much time as I could if my truck spools quicker, but if he lights the first bulb, game on IMO. If after what I consider is a reasonable amount of time if he doesn't stage than I will and I will light the second bulb as well since I'm not too kean on burning down my TC either. From what I've read, sounds like Mike was not out of line and the other truck need to learn how to spool his truck.

As has been pointed out, there are a number of trucks that are faster than the 12.0 index but don't run low 10's or 9's. There should be a class for those trucks if these outlaw events are going to be large turnout events. They made a SuperStreet class for the s-10 and ranger type trucks, I see many heavy 11 sec trucks that should be allowed to run all out and not have to detune to run 12.0 indexs.
X-2 on that take it back home an get it too light faster not mikes problem.

One main point that has been made numerous times in this thread, no one and I mean no one who drives one of these trucks should expect your competitor to wait while you spool your truck after you have lighted the first bulb. If someone would suggest that to me at a drivers meeting I'd laugh at them. Spool the damn thing before you turn on the first bulb or at least enough to make sure you are ready for the auto start. It looks like Meacham owes Mike an apology, he is the dunce here and certainly no gentleman southern or otherwise.

Maybe move the QD to say a 11.51 index to accomadate the quicker trucks who really are not competitive in the prostreet ranks and still not need a roll bar, that way you wouldn't have to create another class and you could set a time limit for the Prostreet field in qualifying to whatever is decided.

I like the sound of that.

Care to elaborate on what exactly he missed so that a fine unsportsmanlike southern gentleman doesn't come looking for him.

Actually we should all wait for Dennis to give his 2 cents since a lot of this seems to be speculation of what the rules should have been vs what they should have been good old boy style.

Sure, I'll be happy to PM Mike the info so this doesn't happen next time.

I wonder what would have happened if Mecheam had done as many suggest- boosted up to his 80psi and then turned on both bulbs. With the behavior Mike demonstrated, my guess is that he would have Mecheam to burn down.

You did a great job mike dont worry about it while everyone in there trucks was sweating their asses off we had our A.C on and the tunes rocking lol but you did a great job man cant wait for schied*nx*:Cheer::ford::bow:

You were racing with your A/C on and your music?

I can see a minimum time backfiring on someone if they have a fast truck but bad luck in qualifying. My $.02 is to require a full cage, firesuit, and 5 point belts. If you have these, you are probably a professional racer and should be in prostreet.

I can see a minimum time backfiring on someone if they have a fast truck but bad luck in qualifying. My $.02 is to require a full cage, firesuit, and 5 point belts. If you have these, you are probably a professional racer and should be in prostreet.

Hmmm...not bad at all...

You did a great job mike dont worry about it while everyone in there trucks was sweating their asses off we had our A.C on and the tunes rocking lol but you did a great job man cant wait for schied*nx*:Cheer::ford::bow:

Not really something you want to be admitting. A/C and drag racing don't go together.

I look at it this way....

With more and more Diesel events/organizations slowly dwindling.... your vehicle better be suited to run NHRA classes/events

Sheid/Robinson has no problem spooling at the NHRA events and being competitive in those classes.....figure out the vehicle and the tree before running......

But agree it is nice to have an understanding of the vehicle your running.... and that can only come from talking with the other driver before the race.... and that goes both ways.... the other driver in question could have approached the "ford" and said hey i am going to need some time to spool, be aware or something.... instead sounds like it was "assumed" that the ford was an easy win and neither party chose to talk before the run........

**** happens thats racin move on and focus on growing the sport.... Hell I was out wrenchin with the WOP guys a few years ago with the ol race truck when everyone thought Zane was sleeping on the tree....and we was out in the first round.... unkown to us we thought we had another elimination (was cut from 3 to 2 elims) and lost..... we asked Dennis, he said we had to go to 2 elims due to time.... we didn't complain we lost, we loaded the truck and hauled it home....

bottom line.... **** happens..... shure would be nice to see even more people yet growing this sport........

Maybe move the QD to say a 11.51 index to accomadate the quicker trucks who really are not competitive in the prostreet ranks and still not need a roll bar, that way you wouldn't have to create another class and you could set a time limit for the Prostreet field in qualifying to whatever is decided.

I like the sound of that.
Bad Idea, if you break out, you can get booted by the track for the 11.499 roll bar rule. And the point of QD is to have a class for quick trucks but still street trucks. Once you put the bar in it, it becomes more of a toy and not a street truck. That is why it was set at 12.0 to give everybody a half seconds of give w/o needing a bar.

After watching the video is does look as if most guys start getting on the TC before turning on the first bulb.

You scared your truck isn't as consistent as his? You need to eliminate him like that in an ET race.

Bad Idea, if you break out, you can get booted by the track for the 11.499 roll bar rule. And the point of QD is to have a class for quick trucks but still street trucks. Once you put the bar in it, it becomes more of a toy and not a street truck. That is why it was set at 12.0 to give everybody a half seconds of give w/o needing a bar.

Well that would have to be up to the racer if they wanted to risk that or not. Were trying to get ours caged asap as I dont think its a great idea to be running that fast without one anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.