july 24 TS updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ithe thng is that if I knew about this "gentlemans agreement" this wouldn't have happened, but like I said noone could take one min to discuss it with me, is it really that hard?

You drag racers.........Its like a Soap Opera..

I am very dissapointed to say the least. I under stand that track was ****ty. but this sounds to me like it was a big test and tune and nothing more.

Its clear that there are some cry babies out there.. I think you should be able to run what ever class you want. In drag racing its not about going fast once its going fast and consistant each round, I just dont see this yet.

So if a guy that can run consistant enters a faster class he is looked down on...BS If you want to race at this level you best bring your "A" game..

When this happens you wont have to wrry about the slower guys entering these classes. untill then learn how to drive your truck and shut up.

somebody has to have a video of the run? if so, post it and it will be settled.

Funny...I never see drag racers in the pulling forum telling them how to do it...but it never fails that a puller will tell a racer how to race. Go make a dentist appointment and play in the dirt....
I wonder if now is a good time to bring up the fact that Bowling Green wasn't covered in smoke and stupid kids tearing up the streets all weekend...and the only people in town were the racers. No pullers in town...no problems in town. Just an observation a few people had. :poke: :D

It wasn't the largest ever but it was a good turnout for a rescheduled event.
If everything had gone down in may like originally planned I'm sure there would have been more there.

Stuckey Racing won Pro Street
Deranged Racing won Super Street
Luck Dog Jim Layton won 12.0
John Robinson won Top Dagster
Darren was the only Pro Mod there
Not sure on the other classes

The way I was told, the pro street class ended up being one of the slowest out there...

Several 9 second passes were made...not exactly slow I wouldn't say.
There was a lot of carnage in all classes unfortunately and with track temps around 150* it was definitely hard for the higher power stuff to get down the track.
Bo smoked the tires for about 1000' on one pass...they just couldn't hook.

Funny...I never see drag racers in the pulling forum telling them how to do it...but it never fails that a puller will tell a racer how to race. Go make a dentist appointment and play in the dirt....
I wonder if now is a good time to bring up the fact that Bowling Green wasn't covered in smoke and stupid kids tearing up the streets all weekend...and the only people in town were the racers. No pullers in town...no problems in town. Just an observation a few people had. :poke: :D

HAHA I have my teeth.

Im not telling anyone how to do it. This is all basic drag racing know how. It just seems there are a few who want to change the rules to help them. Like I have said before (this goes for drag racing and sled pulling) build for the class, dont ask for a class for your truck. If it takes you 45sec to spool your turbo(s)...1. your doing it wrong 2. Dont pull into the first light until 38sec after you start to spool.

As far as a sled puller telling a drag racer what to do.

Please see:

Exhibit A: March 2010 Diesel World Mag, Page 90 & 91 ODRA/NADM Texas Diesel Round Up.

What you will find here is a pic of the 2nd place truck in the ET class (Just so we are clear this is my sled pulling truck)

So untill I see a drag truck do anything like this at a sled pull you should probably stay out of the sled pull forum anyway.

And last but not least.. "the only people in town were the racers"

Im sorry no one came out to see ya'll paractice and get mad at each other.

Disclaimer:

I am by no means a professional racer you can take what you will from my post. These are just my thoughts and experiances.

No beavers were harmed during the typing of this post.

Unfortunately I was unable to make TS so I am not going to comment on exactly what happened but I will share some of my overall thoughts and experience.

Last week I was "quick staged "on in a Pro Street Final by an inexperienced racer. I knew autostart was on so I bumped in even though I wasn't spooled as opposed to being timed out. I knew I was faster than my competitor so I would rather take my chances on the tree and then pulling on him on the track. Cut a 1.999 60' because of it but still got the win because I killed him on the tree and then out ran him once lit.

As has been talked about in this thread, it is ALWAYS a good idea to talk with your competitor about staging before each round and not assume what the other person will or won't do.

This brings me to the most important point I wanted to make. Everytime something like this happens it reminds me of what most amatuer golfers do. They go out to the practice range and spend 95% of thier time pounding drivers then go out and play and wonder why they can't score when 95% of your scoring happens AFTER the drive!! The same thing happens in drag racing. People go to Test & Tunes and only focus on putting down a time so they can post it on the internet instead of also practicing stageing and cutting a light. Almost all races are won or lost before the vehicle goes 5 ft. yet people rarely practice that phase of it. Organized racing is MUCH different than a test & tune and if you don't practice all facets of racing these kind of things will happen and that goes for both experienced and inexperienced racers.

Never thought I would see the day a slow Ford would cause such a stir at a Cummins event,
What's the world coming too when the Cummins guys need special agreements to compete.

sorry Richard I can't agree with you on this one.

Unfortunately I was unable to make TS so I am not going to comment on exactly what happened but I will share some of my overall thoughts and experience.

Last week I was "quick staged "on in a Pro Street Final by an inexperienced racer. I knew autostart was on so I bumped in even though I wasn't spooled as opposed to being timed out. I knew I was faster than my competitor so I would rather take my chances on the tree and then pulling on him on the track. Cut a 1.999 60' because of it but still got the win because I killed him on the tree and then out ran him once lit.

As has been talked about in this thread, it is ALWAYS a good idea to talk with your competitor about staging before each round and not assume what the other person will or won't do.

This brings me to the most important point I wanted to make. Everytime something like this happens it reminds me of what most amatuer golfers do. They go out to the practice range and spend 95% of thier time pounding drivers then go out and play and wonder why they can't score when 95% of your scoring happens AFTER the drive!! The same thing happens in drag racing. People go to Test & Tunes and only focus on putting down a time so they can post it on the internet instead of also practicing stageing and cutting a light. Almost all races are won or lost before the vehicle goes 5 ft. yet people rarely practice that phase of it. Organized racing is MUCH different than a test & tune and if you don't practice all facets of racing these kind of things will happen and that goes for both experienced and inexperienced racers.

Perfectly said.

Never thought I would see the day a slow Ford would cause such a stir at a Cummins event,
What's the world coming too when the Cummins guys need special agreements to compete.

sorry Richard I can't agree with you on this one.

I don't think it mattered if he was in his Ford or in his shoedabakers, it was a driver issue not a blue oval one.
I am sorry you can't put big enough chargers on your PS to have problems getting them spooled.LOL

Last edited:
I don't think it mattered if he was in his Ford or in his shoedabakers, it was a driver issue not a blue oval one.
I am sorry you can't put big enough chargers on your PS to have problems getting them spooled.LOL

Me or my truck have nothing to do with it, if you are going to race know the rules plain and simple.
Read DB's post again apparently you didn't.

Who comes up with how long the auto start is timed for in a diesel event? Maybe we should have a standard time per class or as a whole? 15 seconds ect. Then drivers including myself can practice spooling up in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.