july 24 TS updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plain and simple, rules are there for a reason, go with it. If you can't spool, don't stage. If you loose because you screw up and stage when you're not ready, don't make an a$$ of yourself by talking crap and threatening people in the pits. He was yelling about the thousands of dollars he's spent on getting there like everyone else has no money in their trucks. I call it being childish, If I can't win, I'm taking my toys and going home. All the officials at the track said nothing was done wrong, so get over it.

I think you'll see more of these "stock" trucks entering the higher classes in the future. They have as good a chance of winning as the trucks that were purpose built for the class. Hell, half the field can't make it down the damn track. The "big dogs" better find a way to spool a little quicker or they'll be sitting at the light the tree starts to fall.

NHRA, IHRA, ADRL, your right a gentleman's agreement would not fly but, this isn't one of the above. The gas engines have been used for drag racing and truck pulling forever and by thousands of people every weekend. People have been developing parts for them for the last 50 years. I would venture to say that there is less than 5 shops across the country that are developing parts for the diesel engine in the category of Dale Smiths, Meachum Evans, Dennis Perry's Etc... trucks. Including truck pulling there are what 50 engines that are in the 1500hp plus range and if some one loses a engine due to whatever reason it's that guy that has has to foot the bill for the rebuild out of his own pocket because sponsorship money has not yet fell into our arena.

These trucks are in their infancy stage, even though they have came along way in the last five years, technology is still evolving almost on a daily basis. If people want to see drag racing in the pro classes the teams will have to continue to talk about staging, at least for a while or until the parts catch up with our ego's.

By the way if I decided to step into the national spotlight of NHRA etc. I would expect nothing from my competitor. I would find any advantage to win that I could and it will become that way in our sport in the near future, but for now I will abide by gentleman's agreement.

I think you'll see more of these "stock" trucks entering the higher classes in the future. They have as good a chance of winning as the trucks that were purpose built for the class. Hell, half the field can't make it down the damn track. The "big dogs" better find a way to spool a little quicker or they'll be sitting at the light the tree starts to fall.

I'll bet you won't, there will be a minimum time set for the class.

I'll bet you won't, there will be a minimum time set for the class.

By stock, I mean 11-second trucks like the Ford than ran Prostreet. Is there a minimum time set now or are the rules going to change so that 11-second trucks can't run in that class?

By stock, I mean 11-second trucks like the Ford than ran Prostreet. Is there a minmun time set now or are the rules going to change so that 11-second trucks can't run in that class?

I would say if there was a change it would be a 10.50 to 10.99 min set to qualify. It used to be that way in DHRA but TS never had a min. I don't know for sure if anything will happen but one thing is for sure if it becomes an issue I'll bet there will be no issue. I guess we will know by SDX.

Its not like I wanted to be in that class but I was not going to be able to run the 12.o index so I had no other choice, I hope they make another class

The big gasser classes are really not much of a comparison. With electronics and transbrakes you don't need to time. Most of those guys load after clicking the second bulb.

I am fairly new to drag racing. I have screwed and slept a good handful of trees. Mostly due to my trucks old brake setup letting loose then walking and hoping around. I was mad enough at myself for screwing up, being cussed out would not have helped at all and would have made the situation worse. Then again in my learning stages I would not have shown up at TS. Not sure how much experience he had but that is my 2 cents.

How long of a autostart was the tree set at?

Anyone got any word on the d bag that burned Meachum down at the lights and tried to do the same thing to Seth? IN A STOCK FORD?

Real classy.

First off I didn't burn him down, second my truck is not stock and third, I didn't do anything of the sort to seth ill say it again don't say anything until you know the whole story, talk to seths team, I talked to them before so it wouldn't happen again, god you people are like 5 year olds, grow up, and sorry for trying to make my stupid ford competitive, isn't that the name of the game, to try to make our trucks run as fast as they can, I'm sorry my stock turbo truck can only run a crappy 11.6, I mean it only weighs 7800, but that's ok I'm sure I'm just a dbag

And how hard would it have been to see a new competitor and go over and give him the rundown on how things run, I would have been more than happy to have abliged

And how hard would it have been to see a new competitor and go over and give him the rundown on how things run, I would have been more than happy to have abliged

Easy enough but you can count on 99% of the people to say nothing in any type of racing unless they are friends or have an interest in the vehicle. Was it posted or announced at the track about the autostart?

I am pretty sure cause everyone I talked to about it knew but don't quote me

Its not like I wanted to be in that class but I was not going to be able to run the 12.o index so I had no other choice, I hope they make another class

There were a LOT of people pulling for you (the underdog), so I woudn't apologize. Your truck runs damn good.

Thanks man I wish we could have gotten the nitrous right I'm sure on a good day I will be low 11s or mabe high 10s

btw congrats mike, that makes your 6.4 the first crewcab in the 11s, i was going to try and beet you there, but you deserve it man nice job, hopefully you can get it down in the 10s, might have to cut some weight for that but at any rate nice job.

you shouldnt have been in that class in the first place. If thats the case then every truck should run prostreet and make it like watching paint dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.