Letter to EPA from ATS

How can u explain this part of the letter, if the attorney typed it up without Clint knowing before hand and then sent it to him then how did he(attorney) know ATS prepared a list of "larger DPF Delete Kit manufacturers and resellers"? And how did he get his hands on the support documentation?

I personally think this is incredible information as to who actually wrote the letter. From the sounds of it, either the attorney really doesn't know how to draft a letter in the proper legal context. Or Clint was the person that wrote the letter and is putting the blame on the only person involved that could possibly take the blame and take the heat away from the company. That would also explain how the information got into the letter in regards to the company's providing DPF deletes and invoices. There is no way an Attorney would have that much information on the company's breaking the rules without having outside input.

Very interesting...........

If you go back to my post #208, I think it seems kinda obvious (to me at least) that the attorney is more involved in the operation than just being a lawyer in some office down the street. I don't know that for a fact, though.

In some companies the legal presence is there all the time and has a pretty good knowledge of what is going on day-to-day. The letter itself says that the lawyer was with the ATS guys at SEMA. If he's involved in the business, he has every right to be involved at a high level like this.

I posted elsewhere that, you know, this is business.

At work, we sit around and devise all kinds of strategies to put it to our competitors. It's a part of competing. Like football. Do teams say "if we can take XYZ out of the game, we can win this thing", sure they do. Do they actually try to intentionally hurt someone? Maybe, maybe not.

If someone has an idea, and then later deems it a bad one, and decides not to act on it, I don't think that's being a bad guy. I'm sure other companies want a piece of ATS's business and have their strategies too. I doubt any of them are 100% lilly white. There are bad stories about every vendor on here if you look far enough.

If you go back to my post #208, I think it seems kinda obvious (to me at least) that the attorney is more involved in the operation than just being a lawyer in some office down the street. I don't know that for a fact, though.

In some companies the legal presence is there all the time and has a pretty good knowledge of what is going on day-to-day. The letter itself says that the lawyer was with the ATS guys at SEMA. If he's involved in the business, he has every right to be involved at a high level like this.

At work, we sit around and devise all kinds of strategies to put it to our competitors. It's a part of competing. Like football. Do teams say "if we can take XYZ out of the game, we can win this thing", sure they do. Do they actually try to intentionally hurt someone? Maybe, maybe not.

If someone has an idea, and then later deems it a bad one, and decides not to act on it, I don't think that's being a bad guy. I'm sure other companies want a piece of ATS's business and have their strategies too. I doubt any of them are 100% lilly white. There are bad stories about every vendor on here if you look far enough.

Finally someone with common sense.

This has gotten boring, where is the new guy that was gonna set the world on fire. That post was more interesting. Until someone proves whether the letter was sent or not, then it will prove interesting. Or maybe the person who illegally got the email.

nwpadmax Quote: I doubt any of them are 100% lilly white. There are bad stories about every vendor on here if you look far enough. End Quote:

I'm not a vendor , but I will take offense to this portion of the statement . In my time being in business I have NEVER I repeat NEVER done any of the sort to any of my customers nor in business as whole. In my 20 plus years in business you learn never to back stab anyone because it returns to you ten fold.

I am with most others on this subject..... The entire "feeling" and verbage of the letter does not match what a lawyer would construct. Granted it may be a first draft or early revision, but I still have high doubt it was written by anyone with any sort of law degree. If I were to put my money on it, I would bet that the letter was written as a threat, perhaps to be used as a catalyst between ATS and some other company. I can't believe ATS would actually send a letter of this nature to the EPA, as anyone who knows diesels can attest that ATS products are NOT 100% street legal. They would be shooting lead directly into their own foot. The letter was written by Clint in order to bully someone around....IMO. Maybe ATS was justified to try and bully this unknown company around. No one truly knows but Clint and the other party. Too many holes and too little information. Eric is doing a great job at damage control, but I believe this has blown entirely out of control.

I can't believe i have read all these posts, I (and many of you) must have no life! Go out in the garage and work on your truck or something.:doh:

What happened to being better with a better product. In the end your back stabbin crap will put you in the sheeter.

I'm reminded of a phrase my Dad always used when i was growing up:

Be slow to speak and quick to listen.

This thread has seemed to give an excuse for some to vent personal vendettas. I understand that it appears to look dark...but give them a chance to come clean. I think they are due that no matter how some feel.

Im not sticking up for ATS at all...as we will be watching as well....but im not ready to hang them up on a cross either.

This has gotten pretty wild. It definitely doesn't look good for ATS, but I would like to hear more from their side before what seems to have turned into a lynch mob on here throws the metaphorical noose around their neck. I think a little patience at this point would be a good way to uncover the truth, I'm not defending ATS in anyway, I would just like to hear more on what they have to say about this whole deal, whether or not they have had $hitty customer relations in the past is IMHO pretty irrelevent to the letter.

This has gotten boring, where is the new guy that was gonna set the world on fire. That post was more interesting. Until someone proves whether the letter was sent or not, then it will prove interesting. Or maybe the person who illegally got the email.

ill have to agree with you on that

The way I see it even if all of this was made up ATS will still be hurting as there are holes in these stories everywhere.

I myself have learned how to pick apart stories after having a compulsive liar fake a preganancy on me for 2 months.

I myself have heard plenty of stories about ATS outside of this thread about their products and customer service.

To me its good to see people get what they deserve. Since they admitted to it, they knew it was wrote and had some part in writing it. If you dont want people to find out, dont say anything.

Is there going to be a govt. bailout plan for ATS?? How bout a stimulus package

Yes its been asked how does a lawyer come across info like that. Im asking how does a lawyer know so much about diesel stuff. Seems to me that someone else helped in makin that letter that know's a little about diesels!!!!

$.02

I've taken legal writing classes, and can spot a few things in the letter that lead me to believe that it could have been written by an attorney.

BTW, what's the best way to get purple paint off of a turbo housing? Sandblast?

I've taken legal writing classes, and can spot a few things in the letter that lead me to believe that it could have been written by an attorney.

BTW, what's the best way to get purple paint off of a turbo housing? Sandblast?

I thought the housings are powder coated.