mercedes om606 m112 eaton and hx52 holset

Also, you are the one b!chin about efficiency.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

hi,
there are some different views about this on here, but i think i will feed the turbo with the charger to start with and see how it goes.
Its hard to beat taking advice from a guy that has tried and tested both methods, although both seem to work.
Also Blacksmokeracing tried the turbo feeding the charger last year and now they feed the turbo with the charger, although i can't get the information from them as to what works best. They are using the same engine.
Black Smoke Racing - Startup 2011 - YouTube

you can see how it changes to diverter flap in the second video.

Mercedes TD start up. 2012 BSR setup. - YouTube

Its hard to beat taking advice from a guy that has tried and tested both methods, although both seem to work.
Jeemu hasn't tried any method.

mantahead, their very name, black smoke racing, means they don't know what they are doing. A properly tuned diesel shouldn't smoke black, an occasional puff at worst and only a slight gray haze at maximum power.

Jeemu hasn't tried any method.

mantahead, their very name, black smoke racing, means they don't know what they are doing. A properly tuned diesel shouldn't smoke black, an occasional puff at worst and only a slight gray haze at maximum power.
hi Tormentor,
i was talking about Carl, he has tried both setups.
Blacksmokeracing seem to be doing well for people who you say don't know what they are doing.
All mercedes i see with big power have a lot of reek.
You would be surprised what Jeemu has tried, he has a lot of knowledge and success with tuning. Not too many 550bhp om605 about.

Blacksmokeracing seem to be doing well for people who you say don't know what they are doing.
Any fool can throw fuel and air at a diesel and call themselves a racing team.

You would be surprised what Jeemu has tried
He has tried a lot, the thing I'm surprised about is how all of his attempts have failed.

Hum...... I've seen what Carl has built

Dont know of this tormentor guy or any of his projects (interested in seeing that)

The merc guys: I'm interested in seeing what yall come up with and what you're running

I have OM642 in my Jeep and it has crossed my mind to drop a super in the valley between the heads :rockwoot:

Any fool can throw numbers around and claim how a diesel should be tuned...

Sent from my MB860

He has tried a lot, the thing I'm surprised about is how all of his attempts have failed.

I would not call any of his attempts a "failure". Maybe parts failure at the extreme upper limit beyond anything they were designed to take. Any one making that much power on that small displacement is doing something (a lot of something) right. At least jeemu is crazy enough to keep trucking on, and start newer, lighter, faster, stronger parts and projects while you camp in your moms basement (the other 40 hours a week you aren't on wow) and do nothing other than criticize attempts at actually trying to do something that has almost zero support.

Tormentor, have you ever designed and built a supercharged turbo diesel setup? Have you built two? Have you built three? What about four?? more than 4? All diffent setups? It just so happens that Carl has. So shut up and read and you might learn something.

Tormentor, have you ever designed and built a supercharged turbo diesel setup? Have you built two? Have you built three? What about four?? more than 4? All diffent setups? It just so happens that Carl has. So shut up and read and you might learn something.

Thought this might be appropriate...

hu5a7asy.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yes, didn't like how the supercharger stressed the crank.
:umno::bs:

VGT turbos are the best option and far more efficient.

...and STILL cant provide the instant off idle response a blower does. :shake:

Yes, didn't like how the supercharger stressed the crank.

Can you go into more detail on that statement?

What engine was the this on?

I like instant throttle response and superchargers seems to be up my ally.

Stressed the crank, lol. I found that running more than 800 hp "stressed my crank" so I put the stock turbo back on. The stock cummins crank is one tough SOB... wouldn't worry about it if I were you.