mercedes om606 m112 eaton and hx52 holset

hi,
still haven't got a turbo yet, was looking at a garret gt4088 of a truck with AR 1.06 exhaust housing, how would this compare to a hx52 holset?
Anyone know if i can put a hx52 exhaust housing on a hx55 for quicker spool up?

Last edited:
The gt4088 is about the same. Exhaust wheel is a bit smaller on the gt.

Posted while playing HALO 4

The gt4088 is about the same. Exhaust wheel is a bit smaller on the gt.

Posted while playing HALO 4

hi,
thanks, do you know the wheel sizes off hand on that gt4088, it has AR 1.06 exhaust housing, do you know what that compares to on holsets cm?

Mantahead, any more progress?
Tormentor; great to see you here:) STD is not the same anymore without you.

I have a similar project as Mantahead, OM606, Eaton M90 and HX52. I am planning to let the HX feed the Eaton and not use a bypass valve. I am thinking ca 23psi of boost from the HX and then then let the Eaton double that boost to ca 45psi. I will use a large inter-cooler between the Eaton and the intake.
Any comment on this setup is welcome before I start making the tubing's.

I have a similar project as Mantahead, OM606, Eaton M90 and HX52. I am planning to let the HX feed the Eaton and not use a bypass valve. I am thinking ca 23psi of boost from the HX and then then let the Eaton double that boost to ca 45psi. I will use a large inter-cooler between the Eaton and the intake.

hi Erling,
not much more done with turbos or engine. Working on the drivetrain at the minute. Toyota supra rear subframe and diff mounted. Need to cut bmw gearbox bellhousing and weld on mercedes one.
Ask Turbolvr on here, he has tried a lot of different setups with blower and turbo.

Last edited:
what rear diff and subframe will i use, mmmm?
SU1HMDExOTQtMjAxMjEwMjYtMTc0Ny5qcGc.jpg

SU1HMDEyMjMtMjAxMjExMjEtMTM0Ni5qcGc_zps217adb72.jpg

SU1HMDExNjctMjAxMjEwMTktMTM0OC5qcGc.jpg

once its mounted, then remove and strip down and send to blasters, then new bushes and make adjustable arms.

Last edited:
some hks supra front coilovers with bottom bush.
SU1HMDEyNzYtMjAxMzAxMjktMTIyNS5qcGc_zps62010a0f.jpg

lets sort that.
SU1HMDEyNzktMjAxMzAxMjktMTQ1Ny5qcGc_zps11269533.jpg

SU1HMDEyODUtMjAxMzAxMjktMTUzOS5qcGc_zpsd52902ca.jpg

SU1HMDEyOTUtMjAxMzAxMzEtMDkwOS5qcGc_zps3a26a4fd.jpg

SU1HMDEyOTctMjAxMzAxMzEtMDkxOS5qcGc_zpsc68a1bdf.jpg

SU1HMDEyODktMjAxMzAxMzAtMTAzMS5qcGc_zps134489df.jpg

Last edited:

I would avoid feeding the supercharger if you can, Eatons will bend the rotors at anything over 15psi inlet pressure into them (give or take) and anything over about 20psi total they take a lot of power to drive. There was a dude a while back that fed a GT4202 on a duramax with twin F2 Prochargers...and made 550-ish hp. He took one of the F2's off, and it made 788. The second blower was taking THAT much power to drive. The only way I see to do this setup is to have the blower for the low end, and turbo for the high end with a blower bypass.

I could see running a centrifugal as an atmosphere at like 15-20psi, but that would be it, the turbo would have to do the rest of the compounding.

Check that last post...number was 733, not 788.

Nice job. Have you looked at Black smoke racing new drift car projeckt?
Make w203 wagon and put old engine and box in it. Supra axels go pretty nice on it. What changes you made to fit on w202.

yea, haven't been working on it for a while, but back on it again.
stripped out inside today.
SU1HMDEzMTAtMjAxMzAyMDYtMTY0NS5qcGc_zps53507b6d.jpg

SU1HMDEzMTEtMjAxMzAyMDYtMTY0NS5qcGc_zpsa92707bd.jpg

SU1HMDEzMTMtMjAxMzAyMDYtMTc0MS5qcGc_zps0e192f19.jpg

Nice job. Have you looked at Black smoke racing new drift car projeckt?
Make w203 wagon and put old engine and box in it. Supra axels go pretty nice on it. What changes you made to fit on w202.

yea, i saw some pictures of it just yesterday, looking good, not so easy on w202, original chassis legs are in the way to get supra subframe up in high enough. had to do some cutting and cut floor out, have car lowered and suspension arms are sitting straight.

big six and mr eaton m112.
not much room for pipework down the side of engine beside inner wing.
SU1HMDExNDgtMjAxMjEwMTItMTgwNS5qcGc_zps93759b1d.jpg

don't know about up top.
SU1HMDExNDctMjAxMjEwMTItMTgwNC5qcGc_zps09d84faa.jpg

any suggestions?

wheres the rest of the engine?

ha, think it needs to be a v8 to go on top.
was trying to find a place for charger then i was going to design intake manifold around it.
this engine is a wee toy compared to the cummins.