MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

Wish I had half your gumption.

Good luck, Ryan. Congrats on the new license, too. :)

If you had the case open, did you not at least pull a rod cap to check for bearing ware?

Seems the last few that popped a plug grenaded their motor miles later

Wish I had half your gumption.

Good luck, Ryan. Congrats on the new license, too. :)

ab770c18c860abb87ee0762fb6f846a5.jpg

Yup had to look that one up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you had the case open, did you not at least pull a rod cap to check for bearing ware?

Seems the last few that popped a plug grenaded their motor miles later

Best bet is simply cut the filter and inspect for debris

352378ba6c2a30d8b7d6747baf65a2db.jpg

430f2e7b6813b37059035e0990a30797.jpg

Back together... It lacks a heat cycle, hot retorque and a bath and it gets shoved in the trailer so it can go sit in the rain at TS ?

c86b382de8e03aba03c2e75167198f65.jpg

Actually the forecast is looking better now than it has all week!

Looks sweet! I thought those were greasy fingerprints on the compressor cover. Lol

I don't know that I'll personally be at TS, but the truck will be! Just got word from my wife today that she's 2cm dilated with our #2.... I have two backup drivers for MW for TS just in case I can't make it!

In their defense, they expected and wanted me to run an electric water pump, but I refused since I had one fail on me last year.

I'm not shy lol... failure is a given, it's what you do about it that matter :rockwoot:

Yes... yes I was! The past two days I attended the Frank Hawley Drag Racing School (per recommendation from Rob Coddens... thanks man!!) and managed to get the passes in to complete my Advanced ET 3B license (as fast as 6.0 & under 125" wheelbase). Fastest pass of the day was a 6.75@212mph in an alcohol funny car with a clutch! Best $$ I've ever spent on racing....

We'll take pics no matter who's behind the wheel!!! Cool news on the new license too!

I'm loaded up and headed out tomorrow. All chalks pulled out, no limiters, no BS staging bump boxes, gonna let it all hang out... With any luck it'll kick ass and ill haul it cross country to Denver for the race there on Saturday!

I'm loaded up and headed out tomorrow. All chalks pulled out, no limiters, no BS staging bump boxes, gonna let it all hang out... With any luck it'll kick ass and ill haul it cross country to Denver for the race there on Saturday!

Looking forward to seeing it run unleashed!!! My son Kyle will be with me and we'll have our Canon camera's pointed your way!!!

Have a safe trip up to KY and out to CO and back!

"Evans NPG is the Original Waterless Coolant and is a lifetime coolant. NPG is recommended for racing engines that run on tracks or in series where there is a "NO Ethylene Glycol" rule, and can be used in high performance street vehicles with high flow cooling systems. NPG is NOT recommended for daily drivers or cold weather operation, and may require system modifications to ensure a successful conversion."

OH well now I'm confused, back to topic.

Sorry, hadn't been on in a while. Now I'm really confused. Maybe I'm thinking of something else. Saw a guy blow a hose one night in Tulsa and the track guys were complaining about all the radiator fluid. I asked the guy what was wrong with it and I could have sworn it was Evans.

See ya tomorrow Ryan.

I would not want Evans on my track after having to clean some up off the shop floor..

What is the consensus on what we should put in these trucks for racing? I am planning on distilled water and some water wetter until winter time.

This is going back to year one at mechanics, but there was a big talk about how industrial diesel engines NEED something more than water in the cooling system to prevent cylinder pack erosion and subsequent failure. Under the theory that the massive cylinder pressure and shock waves that traveled through the cylinder wall and into the water would vibrate the linder fast enough it would cavitate the water and make miniscule negative pressure "bubbles" on the liner wall at the major and minor thrust sides. These when they collapse back into the water along the cylinder pack they will pull little bits of metal off. Think they specifically called it cavitation erosion.

Coolant for diesels prevented this with the fact the coolant had more ability to bite on the surface of the metal and prevented the negative "bubbles" to form. The examples he gave of seeing this first hand as a highway diesel mechanic for 20 some years was pretty big, but the one that stood out in my mind was a trucker who bought a new truck drove it 5k mi and lower rad hose popped. fixed it and ran water it. Before he could put another 10k mi on it he ate the liners out and needed an in frame.

With this all being said, that is on a watered block cylinder pac. I don't know if it's the same case with integral cylinder walls.

There will be a convoy of you guys running TS to Denver for both events. Good luck man. Hopefully I'll see you in Denver.

Back