MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

Tires may help, but won't fix the issue. You need a good chassis guy and the correct tire psi. Its a whole lot of stuff to look after, Also to note is no mercy runs the track prep for a radial tire, wilds different than a slick prep, much testing is needed to get it all dialed for several different conditions.

We figured it out on the pro stock, but it took some time.

Btw I may be able to help you get the chassis set up.

Tires may help, but won't fix the issue. You need a good chassis guy and the correct tire psi. Its a whole lot of stuff to look after, Also to note is no mercy runs the track prep for a radial tire, wilds different than a slick prep, much testing is needed to get it all dialed for several different conditions.

We figured it out on the pro stock, but it took some time.

Btw I may be able to help you get the chassis set up.

Both times I've popped intermediate shaft, the track prep was immaculate and you couldn't walk on the stripe without losing your shoes. The fastest I've gone was a no prep Wednesday night street car test n tune... I'd have to agree! Makes me want to hang radials on it and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both times I've popped intermediate shaft, the track prep was immaculate and you couldn't walk on the stripe without losing your shoes. The fastest I've gone was a no prep Wednesday night street car test n tune... I'd have to agree! Makes me want to hang radials on it and call it a day.

Just cause it pulls your shoes off don't mean squat about how fast you will run, because each car likes or is tuned for a specific surface. Most failures occur when the track is that sticky, it doesn't allow for any slippage on the hit.

And what direction was that?

I went thru 4 billet intermediate shafts (different companies too) and finaly went back with a new oem shaft. Held for years with no failures after that. Even running taller tires and harder hits.

I went thru 4 billet intermediate shafts (different companies too) and finaly went back with a new oem shaft. Held for years with no failures after that. Even running taller tires and harder hits.

I have heard that from many people. No other changes and still no problems?

Not that I'm anywhere the power level of Ryan but I run a stock intermediate because of what Brad said...so far no breaks.

I have heard that from many people. No other changes and still no problems?

No problems. There has to be some flex somewhere. Its such a hard hit it pops like glass. Been running it in many trucks with no issues and are much heavier that Ryans truck.

I have to believe (because I certainly CRS off the top of my head) that your R&D headaches are the reason I've been recommending OEM intermediate shafts for 47/48 builds for almost a decade now...

assuming your trials and tribulations match up with that approximate time line

c7159df7bab5c13d75ec15a3d692a0ef.jpg

Intermediate shaft failure was the general consensus but it didn't get torn apart yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Think it's time for a different one! That sucks. I watched live feed waiting for a pass

Less tire, more air, less bite? How can a guy make that shaft live?

Why arent the heavier trucks like dnr and pierce braking them?

Less tire, more air, less bite? How can a guy make that shaft live?

Why arent the heavier trucks like dnr and pierce braking them?

4wd to 2wd. It was stated by Brad Poncie that he could break billet intermediates at will then swapped to a stocker and had no problems. Might be something to think over

Back