MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

de2cd9d1c0795f62baf374ae14f96684.jpg

6ddf29ea72191db3de9d79d09c74c761.jpg

On the way to Rudys with a spare trans and a new/different setup that hopefully takes longer to die.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snapped her clean off....thats crazy...let the old girl spin some more maybe too much traction and the weight you have right now...

Did you think of softening up the shifts a bit? Does it seem like it's breaking on the 1-2 locked shift? If I recall, BigR broke one in his Ford transmission on a burnout. Just too much of a shock on the shift.

No it's breaking on lockup. We made some changes, if they work I'll tell you what I did. If it doesn't I'll change more stuff until it lives lol

No it's breaking on lockup. We made some changes, if they work I'll tell you what I did. If it doesn't I'll change more stuff until it lives lol

Sounds fair....:Cheer:

You coming to Rudy's BBQ tonight?

No sir, we left too late. Be at the track tomorrow morning sometime though.

When installing the tfod in my 47 vb, I left the lockup circuit soft for this very reason. Well, actually had the input in mind. Need to get the engine together before I can see how well it works and go from there.

Can you pwm lockup with that Bosch unit?.
Take .5 sec to go full on or something like that?

Yes but the solenoid in the trans can't do PWM, we talked about it some already.

If you soften up the lock-up too much, you'll absolutely have to change out that triple disk converter for a quad disk converter. Higher than stock stall plus slow/metered lock-up in a big power race truck is recipe for triple disk torque converter failure.

I've spoken with several different converter companies and many claim to be able to hold everything we can make with a Cummins on their triple disk converter but there are compromises when using a triple disk, one of them being you can't make them live with slow lock-up and any sort of line pressure dip.

Good luck at the races, I hope you find the shaft solution and share your results!!!

Yes but the solenoid in the trans can't do PWM, we talked about it some already.

Just curious, is there anything about these 2wd Trans that's any different from what everyone else is running. Not using it any differently?

Nope, same stuff, I even have a 4x4 tail housing with the SC stubby shaft kit.

The major difference between 2x4 and 4x4 as far as the transmission is concerned isn't actually the trans itself but rather how the chassis affects it. With a 4x4, generally the tires are the fusible link as they'll spin. On a 2wd chassis when it weight transfers its trying to drive 5200lbs of my truck into the concrete meanwhile the engine is trying to turn the earth. Zero give anywhere..

12e8e8df1fd3967fd078f4bb2d0bca26.jpg

Nice! Trans felt good huh?!?! Convinced your changes helped or too soon to tell for sure?

Damn, dude to your right beard level: master!