MiniWheat - 2014 Ram 1500 Cummins Pro Street Build.

Any results from this weekend? I only saw one aborted pass Saturday afternoon. But the trucked looked killer out there!

I think something in the transmission let loose again on the launch. 3,000RPM and 40 psi, apparently. His video on the Book of Faces was posted recently unless it was an old video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
4fb1bccf4ec8bba6ac98a0e22d39022f.jpg

Making changes to keep this from happening hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stiff sidewall M/T slicks with tubes and a few chassis change to keep tires from dead hooking and hitting my Trans in the face with a sledge hammer. Then more cowbell.

4fb1bccf4ec8bba6ac98a0e22d39022f.jpg

Making changes to keep this from happening hopefully

That's not a spiral break. that's a side load fracture, doesn't show signs of cyclic breaking either as seen on drive shafts. I would check to see if things are inline.

That to me looks like a shock load break which is what Ryan is saying. Dead hooking tires can do a ton of damage

Im assuming that Ryan is the guy in the neon shirt? The "photo-bomb" guy? :hehe:

I have a hell of a lot of respect for all you guys.

Stiff sidewall M/T slicks with tubes and a few chassis change to keep tires from dead hooking and hitting my Trans in the face with a sledge hammer. Then more cowbell.

Same tires wade ran on the prostock.

Im assuming that Ryan is the guy in the neon shirt? The "photo-bomb" guy? :hehe:

I have a hell of a lot of respect for all you guys.

That would be me neon shirt creepin

Is that a Sonnax billet intermediate shaft? Have you tried a TCS 300 maraging steel shaft?

I'm not sure which one it is honestly, I'll ask the grumpy guy tomorrow.

They alway seem to break at the selective spacer area due to being a stress riser. I used to pop them like candy in my old truck. I had way better luck going a different direction. Never broke one after i changed.

Back