Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

yes that is greg.
The s4 is bigger than a 2.8.
because he had a delrin(sp) bushing in there and it was the wrong size so they dqd him, and he pulled exhitition. i think he pulled 279 not pos on the distance, but yes that is gregs truck. the inj size im not sure of i heard 7@ 18 b4 but i dont know for sure.

yeah hes a cool guy he said after the dyno the injectors were to big

i have nothing agianst him i pull against him all summer long i know he had pump probs at dekalb super pull indoors last winter but got it all worked out
but like everything everyone says you have to take what they say with a grain of salt
all i can say is gregs a good guy and will help you if he can

Last edited:
Greg Arn is his name, real thin guy?? His truck was supposed to go to the diesel power challenge(was in the magazine anyway), but never went. We pulled with him several times in 06. Like everyone says he is a good guy and he was running an hx50 last year. Only time I hooked against him this year was Indy. I don't recall his distance, or my distance.

JFlagg said:
After I thought about it, I remember seeing Jeff Strothkamp's truck at the Belle, MO pull last weekend. It has an idle with about 3/4s of a sec. between lopes, I also heard someone say it was a VP truck. Being a 1st gen body with a lope like that, I thought it was a 12V. But now that I think about it, if it is a VP truck, might it have VP pump that isn't a SO, HO or a HRVP? The truck is called "The Rare Breed" It has done well pulling around MO in the past, anyone know anything about that truck?

If you were watching the video, I was the one that said that, and it is. He is HR pump though.

Rodram2002 said:
is this free rev or pulling down the track?
i hit 4132 last night when i blew my headgasket. pulled so hard its unbelievable. i have the Redline unlimited box stacked with a power puck.

I can free rev to 4100 but it only pulls hard to 3800 ish. I want a redline or a P-pump.:evil

Rodram2002 said:
I can free rev to 4100 but it only pulls hard to 3800 ish. I want a redline or a P-pump.:evil
you get a redline and it willl pull just as hard at 4000 rpms as it does at 3200. its unbelieable. by far the meanest box for the VP trucks.

inline6power said:
you get a redline and it willl pull just as hard at 4000 rpms as it does at 3200. its unbelieable. by far the meanest box for the VP trucks.

I keep my eyes open for one, but dang they are spendy.

Guy out of Mo usen a RL is hitting 4300+ down the trac with a SO pump when you here a VP turning over 4K it has its own sound

Rodram2002 said:
I keep my eyes open for one, but dang they are spendy.
yeah but people pay for them becuase of what they do. i mean, people just dont throw 1000 bucks around for one box for nothing, that box is just plain out mean.

greg told me last night he turned 4100 over the weekend here in indaina at a local pull. talking to daves diesel ppl and friends of darren smith they say all he can get is 4 k down the track.
you got me all my stuff is p-pumped 12 valve stuff.

yep same pump that was on at indy and still on the truck.
he had a prob when he first got it something inside locked up truck wouldnt start at all. but that was back way back beg of year.
if i knew how to post vids on here i have a cool vid of him over at mendon ohio. they had a smoker tractor come in for an exhibition hook. it was a junk deer and of course it broke.
but greg hooked to the sled right after it candle lit and all i think he made it 150 ft didnt break.
last weekend he blew the locker out the rear diff cover hmm wonder why he deff isnt afraid to hook the thing.

Well we got to see a stage 3 monster VP in action at Fall Brawl 2007. To say it was disappointing is an understatement.... The truck made 397 RWHP, this was with no electronics just pump and injectors. To put this in perspective a fellow member dynoed right after this truck with an standard SO VP and ran just injectors and he made 455 RWHP! As the say on TV "It looks like this myth is definitely busted"!

Originally Posted by JFlagg
After I thought about it, I remember seeing Jeff Strothkamp's truck at the Belle, MO pull last weekend. It has an idle with about 3/4s of a sec. between lopes, I also heard someone say it was a VP truck. Being a 1st gen body with a lope like that, I thought it was a 12V. But now that I think about it, if it is a VP truck, might it have VP pump that isn't a SO, HO or a HRVP? The truck is called "The Rare Breed" It has done well pulling around MO in the past, anyone know anything about that truck?

A buddy of mine pulled jeffs truck at the pull while he was out of town. Heard he had a monster a one time and it went out of he had problems with it. Just a HR now. Very good and consistant pulling truck. Never see him have much problems with the truck.

Strothcamp's truck has had a lopey idle for sometime, almost 2 years I think. HRVP and large injection lines cause a lopey idle on a 24V.