Monster vp's, Any world record results yet??

here is my personal take in a hrvp or monster whatever you may call it.

jim fulmer stated on a 12 valve big lines on the dyno only hurt you put stk lined back on and you will gain hp back. so for hp making in the dyno he wouldnt want big lines but for pulling and drag racing he would have them in a heart beat. personally i dont know.
to me a monster or hrvp fuels harder maybe it does maybe it doesnt looks can be decieving. maybe it will put down less hp on a dyno, than a so pump.

but darren smiths truck was getting it early this year and gregs truck runs pretty good too.
im not trying to push monster hrvps but this is my opinion.
if someone asks me about hrvp or monster id rather sell them a stock pump just for relaibility reasons and cost.

There another VP truck from MO the guy is Brad Hodler some on here know the truck and he had the monster and didnt like it he has had 4 HRVPs and he has a So -27 pump now and says he will never have another untill proven it beats the stock SO pump . He placed 9 at the scheid event and at platte city he beat darren but killed the pump and couldnt make the pull off . So go with what works

the truck with the stage 3 monster vp to agree with jetpilot was dissappointing. you can def pick one out of the crowd by the way it sounds. sharp cracks and pops while idling. who knows maybe if that truck had a box on it, it owul dhave brought out the potential of the pump more.

Jetpilot said:
Well we got to see a stage 3 monster VP in action at Fall Brawl 2007. To say it was disappointing is an understatement.... The truck made 397 RWHP, this was with no electronics just pump and injectors. To put this in perspective a fellow member dynoed right after this truck with an standard SO VP and ran just injectors and he made 455 RWHP! As the say on TV "It looks like this myth is definitely busted"!

I need to laugh at somebody this morning.

That really stinks, I was hoping to see some progress. On the other hand, perhaps these are results enough for some new blood to tip their hat into this market.

farmboysdiesel said:
I need to laugh at somebody this morning.

Gus,

Seems this pump doesn't do what is claimed..... I have now seen one in action doing dyno runs which is the only way to accuratley gauge its performance and it came up way short. Now I understand why nobody wanted to provide any dyno sheets.

Opie said:
That really stinks, I was hoping to see some progress. On the other hand, perhaps these are results enough for some new blood to tip their hat into this market.

opie,

Yea it does suck. I was really hoping that this would really be a solution for more power for the VP crowd. As it stands the standard ol SO pump is the way to go.

farmboysdiesel said:
Keep on believeing that and I'll be satisfied.

Gus,

You just don't get it..... Dyno numbers have been released and the proof is in the pudding. You have said yourself you haven't dynoed your truck so how do you know what this pump is doing? You put an entire new engine in and now say how great the pump is, what baseline did you use to determine this?

From your above comment it looks like you actual believe this pump works, even when presented with facts to the contrary. Why in the heck wuold you even try and defend a pump that is shown to not work as well as a standard SO pump?

farmboysdiesel said:

Hey Gus. P-pump that Cummins and you'll be whatever comes after satisfied.

Jetpilot said:
Well we got to see a stage 3 monster VP in action at Fall Brawl 2007. To say it was disappointing is an understatement....

Although my wife don't know it, JetPilot just saved her $3K. :hehe: I had my suspicion on this pump since know one was willing to back to back dyno the thing. If in fact it WAS the cats meow, wouldn't results be flooding the web, I think so. Sales would go through the roof if this thing proved itself, so why not prove it??

The pump you saw at Fall Brawl was actually a Stage 1 injection pump with 150hp injectors, with no electronics, no boost fooler, and FASS. This truck that you saw is a farm truck that stays hooked to a cattle wagon all the time and hauls the cows to auction. So for 200 hp overstock thats not too bad.*bdh*

drew504 said:
The pump you saw at Fall Brawl was actually a Stage 1 injection pump with 150hp injectors, with no electronics, no boost fooler, and FASS. This truck that you saw is a farm truck that stays hooked to a cattle wagon all the time and hauls the cows to auction. So for 200 hp overstock thats not too bad.*bdh*

You mean 50hp over stock with the 150hp injectors...a smarty or EZ would be cheaper, and not hurt the idle quality.

But what do I know!
Chris

drew504 said:

Hmmm,

Could have sworn I was told stage 3. But in any case a HRVP and 150 HP injectors will yield over 75 more HP than what the monster VP truck at Fall Brawl did. I have seen trucks with an SO pump and 150 HP injectors within 20+/- RWHP of this. I don't really understand what the cattle wagon statement has to do with this thread though. But I feel for the cows if they are hauled by that truck due to its idle quality, takeoffs and backups must be fun for them.

Jetpilot said:
Hmmm,

I don't really understand what the cattle wagon statement has to do with this thread though. But I feel for the cows if they are hauled by that truck due to its idle quality, takeoffs and backups must be fun for them.

Cows dont mind as long as you stay mooooooooving LOL

farmboysdiesel said:
HEY GUS, Bring that truck up to MASON DIXON in MARYLAND, this SATURDAY !!

drew504 said:
Hell as much as that thing smoked you would kill the cows before you got to where ever your taking them !! :shake:

I ain't dragin my big ass that far just to run but it would be fun though. Mine idles just fine and runs just fine. What are these guys running for stick?? Hell Doug, what was the guy running for turbo or fuel?? Do you know that if so let's tell that and see where it goes. I am very happy with what I have and it does just fine without have to spend even MORE than what it is just to buy a damn pump - just a Scheid pump $3000 along with everything else to hook it up and make it work. It's here guys - come ride in it. On a diet some people say - I took the frickin bumper off.:hehe: I'm just going to sit back and continue to chuckle....... ever so quietly.

I have rode in Gus's truck several times.....im still making payments to the upholstery cleaning service! :evil

First time he lit the turbos as 55mph and I saw the rear end comming around I let loose...so I thought I had a weak bladder :hehe: until he did it again...and again :bow: my apologies to the passenger seat.

I would encourage any doubters to take a test drive. But as he makes me do from now on...you might want to bring a black bag to put on the seat before you sit down. Just a little extra safety measure :shake:

Last edited:
Timbeaux38 said:

You owe me a new computer Timbeaux! I just spit Crown royal all over it and now its smokin like a super vp44 truck!! Your the best.

Timbeaux38 said:

You owe me a new computer Timbeaux! I just spit Crown royal all over it and now its smokin like a super vp44 truck!! Your the best.