my latest motor build with pictures..

ya i have some great luck dont i.. thats why i named this truck "always somethin" but i was trying to rename it "perseverence"we will see who wins..
yes the head and the block were both decked flat. Im going to check the timing and i guess i should have done a hot retorque before asking to much of the head gasket..
im running a dp3, 187/223...

That sucks dude, I know the feeling of what you have been going through. I spent almost 3 entire years buying parts when I could, doing research and triple checking everything before I got mine going about two months ago.

I am kind of wondering why you were getting into it with only 22 miles on it though? Had you done a cam break in and retorque? Any other retorques? IMO Initial start up with cam break in then retorque, then 500 easy breezy miles and an additional retorque before getting to generous with the throttle. Maybe longer if no O-rings or fire rings...

Hope you get it straightened out quikly though man...

wasnt that far "into it" only like 45 psi at most and have the plate half way back and afc back.. so basically maybe 400-450 cc's at most but only maybe half throttle.. only made 10psi between stages.. coulda shoulda woulda, will do next time i guess..

If you get me the head by Friday afternoon I will oring it for you this weekend.

thanks Brad. ill give you a call tomorrow. i might make the road trip up but ill call.

ya i have some great luck dont i.. thats why i named this truck "always somethin" but i was trying to rename it "perseverence"we will see who wins..
yes the head and the block were both decked flat. Im going to check the timing and i guess i should have done a hot retorque before asking to much of the head gasket..
im running a dp3, 187/223...

I did 5 retourqes on my setup before I got on it, Heck I have yet to still get on it hard and will do one more torque after a month or so.

man know how ya feel to , got mine running after 4 years , and lasted 10 miles , back to bare block ..had four injectors stuck open ... wasted all 6 pistons main bearings ,and rod bearings ...

That just sucks bag. 150 on 625's is a lot of clamp to give it up so easy.

well, i had to take a day off from working on it. im going to tear it apart tomorrow and i talked to brad this am.. im going to make the 4 hour road trip up to his shop sat am so he can cut the o rings for me.. I gotta say a big thanks to Mr Ponci.. also Im going to check the timing i think it might have been higher than i thought...

Man that blows to do all that work with top dollar parts and have it give up that easy. Did it just blow out the front or all over? What moves on these things to let the head gasket blow so easy on some and others you can beat the snot out of them with stock head gasket and bolts? You wouldn't think with a 150 lbs. of torque the head gasket would have any movement left.

I just got mine running yesterday, did firerings and the basic arp head studs. I've done one hot retorque, got half to three quarter turns out of all the nuts. Did a cold the next day with no movement. I'm scared to get on it very much cause I really don't know if I could work on it again if it blows. This is three regular gaskets and two firering gaskets after I screwed the first one up putting it on. Should a person do another hot retorque or just cold retorques after a few hundred miles?

Hope you get it sorted out this time.

Dang man, that really sucks! You must have some bad luck!

I just got my engine together. .010 over modified 12v gasket, head and block were decked, head is o-ringed and im only using new stock headbolts. Took them to 125ftlbs with arp lube the first go around and after a heat cycle i did a cold re-torque to 130ftlbs. With about 3 miles on the fresh engine i went wide open @ ~ 52psi a few times and have gotten into it quite a few more times with less then 75 miles on it.

Hopefully you can find the issue and get it taken care of.

well its apart, and it blew all of cylinders out.. the studs didnt feel that tight so maybe i f'd up of which i will do a hot retorque when i get it back together.. i also found that all the intakes were making contact so the math i told the machine shop wasn't correct. ill be going to a .o2o thicker gasket to compensate for the mistake. it rolled over fine when it was cold so it must have only been making contact after it was warm. BUT now i need to find a .020 thicker head gasket...
i also gotta thank Brad again, since im off tomorrow im going up in the am and brad is going to cut the orings for me..
couple of pict from today..

oh ya the pictures..
photobucket-2406-1336094516366.jpg

photobucket-26411-1336094516857.jpg

photobucket-10993-1336094517877.jpg

another thing i noticed is the timing was about at the limit, where ever its set.. im getting my timing kit tomorrow so im going to check it were it is then back it down to about 16 then i can go anywhere i want inbetween in a few minutes.. the electric fans and jesse's front cover did make that pretty simple..

I would put some clay in it, put the head back on and check at least one cylinder to see what your actual clearance is. That way you KNOW that when it goes back together it will clear.