my latest motor build with pictures..

Glad to see your up and running again. Nice movement on the retorque. You should see that gain at least 1 more time with the torque value your using.

thank you Brad. im on my way over to do another valve adjust. Im prolly going to throw the torque wrench on it cold also just to check.. then im going to put it through another few easy head cycles today and do another hot retorque tonight.. then do some easy driving for a couple few days to get some more heat cycles through it then do another hot retorque in a few days.. prolly do that again at the begining of the week to make sure its ready for redding.. YEAH!! i hope anyway
thank you again for helping me out Brad, you are a class act..

well did a few heat cycles today. drove about 15 miles yeah!! and its still running.. lol.. anyway man this thing smokes like crazy.. i never got into it but making like 15 lbs of boost is hard and smokey.. i have the afc all the way back and a valve to shut off the boost reference going to it.. i gotta go back and see if there are some leaks going on someplace. its got me wondering if i can change gears now..
also my buddy kevin help me get the new traction bars welded in.. they look like they will do the job.. he also helped get some limiting straps in the front so i dont have to worry about the bags over extending and basically popping like when it goes on a lift..
so tomorrow ill look for leaks and maybe drive it around some more to get some more heat cycles in so maybe tuesday i can do another hot retoque...
a couple of pict and a vid of it running today..
[ame="http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l568/Adam_Sprague/fummins/?action=view&current=photobucket-19464-1336361026077.mp4"]fummins :: 2012-05-06_10-04-47_584 video by Adam_Sprague - Photobucket[/ame]
photobucket-2223-1336361028157.jpg

photobucket-20490-1336361026589.jpg

photobucket-30089-1336361027118.jpg

photobucket-23167-1336361027626.jpg

I'll trade you pumps LOL should be less smokey with a 160 right?! Glad you got he back up and going, mine is going on her first long road trip tomorrow so we will see how it does.

Did you use arp assy lube on the studs? Looks like a redline engine assy lube. Red in color.

im not real sure if its the pump or not.. yet.. afc is all the way back.. i hope that i find a boost leak some place. its questionable driver now, i dont think i could tow with it like this..

How is the smoke? Does it lay low out the pipe or does it have any velocity behind it?

i used red line brad.. along with the left over arp lube that was left on and there was alot having only made it 25 miles..

seems like a boost leak Brad, but seems to have some speed behind it. my exhaust ends about a foot under the truck and you can see the black smoke coming out about a foot from the side of the truck at like 5-10 psi.. if you give it more throttle say up to 15 it just gets darker..

It gives me an idea on how the low engine speed combustion is being processed.

im not sure what to think yet. i just drove it down to the store. makes boost really easy, is smooth, timing is at 19. but even under normal accel it makes ten psi but is smoking enough to dim the lights of cars behind me.. im hoping there is some sort of boost leak so it cleans up for normal driving and towing a trailer like i built this truck for.. im worried.. its like the injectors are to big but i know they arent..

Sounds like a boost or a drive leak. Can you pedals it and keep it from
Smoking?

well ive driven it more again today, i can say im not happy..no air leaks.. i hope i can take enough fuel away out of the bottom to gain rpm to make this thing work... im pretty disgusted at this point.. i hope i havent made another 4k mistake............ basically i feel like a 16 year old high school kid trying to make smoke just to keep up with traffic.. not a happy camper........ 20 psi boost and black smoke is just falling out of the back of the truck making people swerve.. this is no lockup, stock stator, and 4.30 gears.. not what i built this "BAD AZZ MOTOR" for... i hope someone can help me with this frustration now.. im getting closer to just selling and starting over with a cr..

So the smoke looks lazy out the back? Call me tomorrow am sometime between 9:30 and 11:00.

Something has to be missed. Post up a video for help on remote tuning.