my latest motor build with pictures..

488/532 are the lift number that i was told..
sorry that is total lift.

to be totally honest im not sure of anything any more.. i know centerline is supposed to be around 99-101 somewhere in there.. im going to try and check that now too.

Maybe lucky it blew, cheaper than breaking a valve and ruining the whole motor. That's the bright side if there is one to tearing a motor apart again.

yes on the fletcher cam.
and i completely agree to it being a blessing in desguise i hope or at least thats the way im going to try to keep it in my mind.
well thanks to Mr Ponci the orings are done.. now just waiting on the head gasket to put it back together and do about 100 retorques on the dang thing..
also it worth mentioning the head was softer than a standard head just from how fast it cut..
snapped one pict of the jig and tooling
photobucket-24129-1336180976520.jpg

oh and i found out the timing is at 37-38 so that didnt help anything im sure.. i am an idoit lol..

Good to hear you got the head o-ringed. Hopefully you can get it back together without any further problems.

yes on the fletcher cam.
and i completely agree to it being a blessing in desguise i hope or at least thats the way im going to try to keep it in my mind.
well thanks to Mr Ponci the orings are done.. now just waiting on the head gasket to put it back together and do about 100 retorques on the dang thing..
also it worth mentioning the head was softer than a standard head just from how fast it cut..
snapped one pict of the jig and tooling
photobucket-24129-1336180976520.jpg

oh and i found out the timing is at 37-38 so that didnt help anything im sure.. i am an idoit lol..
What kind of machine is that?

I'd be interested in the head's longevity as its soft material. Hopefully the flexing head doesn't lead to issues or cracks.

thanks Ron..
and i hope it last some time this time..

yes on the fletcher cam.

U should be good now! And doing the 100 retorques works awesome, I will also be doing that soon. I did like 15 re torques on my last head and never had a gasket problem.
Hopefully there are no problems with the heads if they are softer. For how much I put into mine I dont want any problems.

I just did another hot retorque on mine yesterday. About half the studs moved a quarter turn. Did it rattle hard at that timing?

no kidding! thats alot of timing not to notice. Hope you have no more issues, should be a fun engine when done.

I'm a fan of retorques, I lost a few thousandths of lash doing them so additional crush was definitely gained.

the rattle was what made me think something was off.. mostly when it would come back down to idle or when i started it the thing would rattle bad..
well hopefully the gasket shows up today..
im off to go to work on it some more..

well its running again.. backed the timing down to 19 which was the minimum of my adjustment, marked it for a speedy move to 26 when the time comes.
got her started and ran it up to temp for around 20 minutes.. shut it down and did a hot retoque. i got a good half turn out of everything so left the valve covers off to re run the valves in the am. then do some easy driving for the day followed by another retorque tomorrow at the end of the day.. it might even get a bath after sitting for the last 7 months..
now i just hope there arent any long term negatives to come from milking the oil or from the gasket material possibly finding its way into the oil.. i guess we will see..

That's what I'm fighting right now but I've blown three head gaskets in a row.

I didn't get any movement on the cold retroque after the hot one. It was the next hot torque it moved some. Checked the valve lash yesterday and all of them were a little tight from the retorque. Think this might do it for a while till the noise is figured out then retorque in a couple of weeks. From what I've read firerings need to be checked some, wish I would have done orings once they take a set your done.

Good luck Adam looks like you have it headed your way now.