NADM Opener 2/23 n Bakersfield, Ca. Who's going?

Is anyone else staying at the track?

BTW, I'll be the one with the slow white OBS Ford CC Dually (see avatar), with ISSPRO logos on the doors (at least the logos will be there if I remember the magnetic signs this trip). It's slow but relatively consistent. I may pack my helmet & fire suit in case anyone dips into the 9's and needs an NHRA-licensed driver to make the next pass ;) Unfortunately my fire suit is 21 years old, and I'm not the skinny teenager I was when I was measured for it. I can squeeze into it, but it's not pretty...

I got my initial "practice" runs for the year, racing at Seattle yesterday for the NHRDA race. Now I just need to "de-winterize" the camper and load my stuff up. Getting antsy for this race! I'll be spending the preceding 2 days at Disneyland with my 5-year-old, so I'll need the adult conversation at that point!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Looks like I'm gonna have to pass on bringing the "special" drink. :( After getting some info from the UPS store I've decided it wouldn't be wise to ship it without "proper documentation". Now I've got to stare at this stuff in my fridge 'til after Easter.:doh:

Put it in a cooler and carry it on, fool. LOL
We can't race without some of that "special" drink.

Are we going to start the collection for Danny's bail money now? Or wait until after he's arrested trying to bring it on a plane ;)

woodsrat said:
Billet

There are several of us staying at the doubletree.

Hmmmm, gonna have to Mapquest and see if it's within crawling distance. :hehe: Will have to stop by and say hello. :Cheer:

Redneck6.0L said:
BILLET GARAGE, thanks, come on over and say hi, i got canadian whiskey after the races, looking forward to meeting you guys, is anyone else staying at the double tree so i have someone to follow to the track, can't leave us canadians behind you know, LOL

We are also staying at the Double Tree. But, it's not hard. Jump back on the the 99 North.

http://www.famosoraceway.com/map.htm

UNBROKEN said:
Put it in a cooler and carry it on, fool. LOL
We can't race without some of that "special" drink.

Yeah, that'd go over well.:rules: :D

imelmo said:
Yeah, that'd go over well.:rules: :D

lol ok but seriously... why can't you seal it up really well and put it in your suitcase and check it in? People do that all the time. Hell, I pack perfume, hairspray, shampoos.... how could this be any different? Isn't it pressurized down there? I'm not gonna lie, I was looking forward to this lol :(

It's legal to carry store bought alcohol on a plane...is it illegal to carry homemade alcohol ?
I honestly don't know.

UNBROKEN said:
It's legal to carry store bought alcohol on a plane...is it illegal to carry homemade alcohol ?
I honestly don't know.

I didn't actually know that, because around here, coming from the Wine Country, people are constantly carrying wine on planes. So maybe I'm confused lol.

It's actually illegal to have this as far as I know. Although I don't understand why you can make your own beer but not this, unless it has to do with the proof or something.:poke: I may call the airline though just to see.

imelmo said:
It's actually illegal to have this as far as I know. Although I don't understand why you can make your own beer but not this, unless it has to do with the proof or something.:poke: I may call the airline though just to see.

To ask if you can actually check THIS specific type of product in your luggage? or to ask if you can check any type of alcohol.

imelmo said:

I know for a fact they aint gonna let us "carry" it on the plane (that goes for any liquid really).......and we dont have time to jack with checkin luggage.:poke:

UPS. They will never know whats inside.:evil

PTSUPERD said:
I know for a fact they aint gonna let us "carry" it on the plane (that goes for any liquid really).......and we dont have time to jack with checkin luggage.:poke:

UPS. They will never know whats inside.:evil

Ohh you ain't checkin bags. lol ok then. Yea, just sneak it in the UPS and off ya go :)

Redneck6.0L said:
can't wait to see some green grass and sunshine:cheer:

Yea....about that....you might get some sunshine but other than that Bakersfield ain't much more than a desert. LOL
Last time I was there the only places grass grew was where there was an irrigation system installed.

Most folk do not know that California is about the most agricultural state in the US. Everything surrounding Bakersfield is farms.

With all the rain a few weeks ago, everything is green in the valley right now. I just came north from LA a couple days ago. It is down right perrty out there. The feed lots smell the same though.

imelmo said:
Looks like I'm gonna have to pass on bringing the "special" drink. :( After getting some info from the UPS store I've decided it wouldn't be wise to ship it without "proper documentation". Now I've got to stare at this stuff in my fridge 'til after Easter.:doh:
PLEASE!!! GOD!!! NO!!
I think its WAYYYY safer in yer fridge!!! PLEASE??!