Nor*Cal Diesel Rally '08

Wheres a decent hotel thats around $60.00 a night, most importantly a safe parking lot, I dont feel like shooting someone for messing with my rig...again. Any aarp, VFW, American legion discount hotels?

Hey, you won't be in NV anymore, can't pack the shooter in CA. You get caught with a loaded Firearm in CA and your TOAST! I prefer a TASER anyways, that way I can watch them SCREAM without killing em! :hehe:

You'll have to ask the group about a place to stay up there, as I have no idea about the hotels and stuff up there. But, I'm sure someone from here will be able to give you some advice on the hotels.

Yeah, the one you bring with you in your tent trailer.....:hehe:

The only thing available is primitive dry camping. There are pit toilets around the area but that is all.

Yea, that was a wife induced question, I'm staying @ a hotel I'm told:hehe:
*insert whip crack here*

Hey, you won't be in NV anymore, can't pack the shooter in CA. You get caught with a loaded Firearm in CA and your TOAST! I prefer a TASER anyways, that way I can watch them SCREAM without killing em! :hehe:

You'll have to ask the group about a place to stay up there, as I have no idea about the hotels and stuff up there. But, I'm sure someone from here will be able to give you some advice on the hotels.

Fine, maybe if I reason with the theif/vandal they will realize the err of their ways and turn to good. I'll take my chances, besides, as long as she is unloaded and the High cap mag completly dissasembled its legal to transport per CA state law regarding firearm transpo. If I get cuaght, I claim PTSD.:hehe:

Motel 6 isn't too poorly priced.... enter at your own risk though LOL, and I think Rodeway Inn also has ok prices... same warning. I believe last year, everyone stayed at the Red Lion right next to Motel 6.

I'm goin Supa 8. it was cheap and 4 miles from the strip. I'll just put a big sign on my truck: "PLEASE DONT STEAL ME, OWNER HAS CASH AND CREDIT CARDS RM#XXX TAKES HIS STUFF INSTEAD!"

Darn...

Wish I could be there.

Wont make it back in time. :banghead:

I'm goin Supa 8. it was cheap and 4 miles from the strip. I'll just put a big sign on my truck: "PLEASE DONT STEAL ME, OWNER HAS CASH AND CREDIT CARDS RM#XXX TAKES HIS STUFF INSTEAD!"

Damn....you crack me up! I supposed I'll be the lucky bastard in the middle of the night when I get back to my room and it's been robbed, with a note saying "Thank you for the stuff, your truck is untouched." Then I'll look at your rig only to see my room number on the sign! :doh:

Motel 6 isn't too poorly priced.... enter at your own risk though LOL, and I think Rodeway Inn also has ok prices... same warning. I believe last year, everyone stayed at the Red Lion right next to Motel 6.

Wish I had time to come out for the show! Sounds like it is going to be a nicely attended show! NADM is encouraging all of the members to please attend - I wanted to kick some snakes - maybe next year!:rockwoot::rockwoot:

No suites at the hotel 6 - right? :Cheer:

RK

Damn....you crack me up! I supposed I'll be the lucky bastard in the middle of the night when I get back to my room and it's been robbed, with a note saying "Thank you for the stuff, your truck is untouched." Then I'll look at your rig only to see my room number on the sign! :doh:

I wouldn't do that, I dont even know you yet, But I'll need your room number just so I can keep an eye out, maybe visit, you know, that stuff.

I wouldn't do that, I dont even know you yet, But I'll need your room number just so I can keep an eye out, maybe visit, you know, that stuff.

Not sure yet which Motel I'll be staying at yet. Usually the PARTY hotel is set and that's the one I want to stay at. :Cheer: But, I've seen so MANY different hotels meantioned, that I think I'll just wait to hear from RILES on where the official hotel will be with hopefully a good discount.

Just put a sticker on your truck that says K.Frog and I'll know it's your rig. Then I can just pull the tailgate down, have a beer and wait for you to come out and ask what the heck I'm doing on your truck. Then I'll just have to offer you a beer and shoot the breeze. See you there!

The host hotel is the:

Red Lion
1830 Hilltop Drive
Redding, CA 96002
Tel: 530-221-8700

Follow these instructions if you want the group rate:
1.) Dial above phone number 530 221 8700
2.) Tell them you want to make an "In House Reservation"
3.) Tell them you're making a reservation for the Nor Cal Diesel Rally

Proceed from there with your dates and room request.

1 Queen - $98 + tax
2 Queens - $107 + tax
1 King - $107 + tax

Other hotels in the same area:

Holiday Inn‎
1900 Hilltop Drive
Redding, CA
(530) 221-7500‎
$112 ish/night

La Quinta Inn
2180 Hilltop Dr
Redding, CA
(800) 531-5900‎
$98 ish/night

Motel 6
1640 Hilltop Dr
Redding, CA
(530) 221-1800‎
$52-57/night (FYI... this is not a multiple star hotel, but will get the job done if on a budget)

Let me make this clear...
When she says "not a multiple star"...She means there were questionable gooey stains on our carpet and I kid you not... A lost mexican toddler wandering around in the parking lot we had to attend to thus making us late to the track.

You couldn't make this stuff up.

:hehe:
*insert dualing banjos*

This event is going to be way bigger than I had originally anticipated...

When she says "not a multiple star"...She means there were questionable gooey stains on our carpet and I kid you not... A lost mexican toddler wandering around in the parking lot we had to attend to thus making us late to the track.

LMAO, must you remind me? It's all Masetti's fault. Er, I mean... the child was. Not the stains. Well, the child was holding his hands, I didn't mean he's responsible for it's presence on earth. :hehe: :doh: But seriously... if you wanna chance some adventure, stay at Motel 6, seriously I might just go for it! You only live once!!!:rockwoot:

:hehe:
*insert dualing banjos*

This event is going to be way bigger than I had originally anticipated...

It's a darn good sized event. To see photos and last years coverage, go to:
www.jandhperformance.com

Nat, you going to be there this year?

I'll be there howie, what do you think? LOL
Although, I hate to say, unless we can figure out a great disguise for purposes of breaking all "Disability Pay" rules... Dirty Blonde may not be running her truck. :badidea:

Sorry for thos that just can't handle it.....but, were the stains still gooey (is that really how it's spelled :poke:) LOL
It is entirely possible it would be just like home (those with kids can relate)

Sorry for thos that just can't handle it.....but, were the stains still gooey (is that really how it's spelled :poke:) LOL
It is entirely possible it would be just like home (those with kids can relate)

Uhhhhhh..............

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if it were only a rainbow pop and some cheerios, I think we woulda been ok :doh: