NX Duramax Dragster Build Thread.

I appreciate you guys keeping up with this build thread. Some things have moved right along, and some things have been drawn out quite a bit. But, nevertheless, the end is getting closer and closer every day. We are still trying to button up all of the little odds and ends, but I have a few more progress pictures to show off!

photo74.JPG

photo73.JPG

photo72.JPG

The wheels and tires look killer on this thing.
I can't wait to see the final product with it all; wheels, tires, scoop, and wing...

Clay @NX

Dang! It revs instantly it seems! Very nice!!

Is John (Johnboy) Jordan helping with the tuning on this one too? :D

Nice!

Great job on design & packaging of induction & exhaust. :Cheer:

Nice Diesel Power sticker! ;)

It'll be awesome to have another professional level dragster out there, just what the sport needs! I agree on the scoop making some power, at least on the top end, I think people were saying 1-2psi at 150+mph, plus the air is cool. Low 7s or better should come pretty quick for you fellows, especially considering what it weighs.

This thing sounds Awesome! It revs so quick and smooth. I can't wait to see it run. Right after this video was taken it was being pulled apart and will be heading to the engine dyno. As soon as we get the results I will let you guys know!

As soon as that gets done, we will button this thing back up and let Johnboy have fun with it.

Clay @NX

Its doubtful. We should be running on the dyno by tomorrow hopefully. We will have to wire up all of our datalogging equipment. Then let'r eat. Stay tuned for results!

Well......

We got the DMax up on the engine dyno yesterday. JohnBoy is here getting ready to get the tune dialed in and all we are waiting on is the UPS overnight package containing a few extension cables for our Autometer data logger.

STAY TUNED!

Dyno results

The NX Dragster engine just made 1154hp / 1682 ft lbs on the first dyno pull. Johnboy is working his magic on the laptop so hopefully he will find some more power :D

Hopefully? That guy can tune a cinder block,... I am pretty sure you will find some more!

The NX Dragster engine just made 1154hp / 1682 ft lbs on the first dyno pull. Johnboy is working his magic on the laptop so hopefully he will find some more power :D

WOW! That's exactly 1154hp more then that other guy made!

Congrats!