Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

How's the Ally tuning coming along Mr. Dale? Have you've got towhaul working yet?

Side note I ordered my twins finely.

Haven't been able to do any tuning for 2 weeks my guy has been out of town.I have been driving it every day has been shifting a little better still have to do more fine running.Haven't even looked at TH.
Now I know who makes the big bucks.buying new turbos.

Dale

Haven't been able to do any tuning for 2 weeks my guy has been out of town.I have been driving it every day has been shifting a little better still have to do more fine running.Haven't even looked at TH.
Now I know who makes the big bucks.buying new turbos.

Dale

Yeah right, I'm just Mr. Big Money Grip:sly:

Small update.Trany is shifting great getting smoother everyday yesterday I started to drive it like I stolen it so it can learn some more bad habits haha.the down shifts are realy have gotten smooth I'm talking about the down shifting like when you gomming to a stop light.Down shift going up a hill is doing well also.I have to get going on the inner fenders before the snow starts to fly so the motor don't get all nasty and have to finnish the hood stops.
I took the wife to the park so she could walk around the lake the other evening while I was waiting I couldn't reseist had to take a picture not the best.
1350346338.jpg

Dale

Last edited:
I guese Matt said it needed to learn how to act.so now it is time to teach it some bad habits. :woohoo:go pick on some little cars go fly by my house.They already don't like my 72 it will eat the up with no problem.:kick:

Dale

Small update we still have to readjust 456 shift points Matt set the quick learn setting.I haven't had time to mess with TH yet.

Update had to have the pump and injectors checked out the gov,was messed up.makeing the rack to jump vilently back and forth.the reason I had them check is The motor develuped a uper end knock would come and go.just got it running last sunday havent driven her yet but the motor sure does idle alot smoother.Thanks to Kevin at northeast deisel for doing a great job and a fast repair.
Had to make a new bracket for my gov,for the air compressor the motor shoock badly at idle for about 80.000 miles I just thought it was the motor.Now it feels like a new truck again hoping the knock is gone pulling it out of the garge in the morning.some pic of the new bracket made it out of a peice of scrap aluminum angle.
1353618339.jpg

1353686558.jpg

1353686568.jpg

1353686573.jpg

1353686578.jpg

1353686582.jpg

1353686586.jpg

Dale

I finally got the truck back in the shop last night have to get the head off to try to see what could be knocking.The transmission is doing fine while it's in the shop going to look at TH.
And Finnish the hood supports

Dale

You are Wright there.I have actually been stalling on tearing it apart.hoping the knocking is the air compressor not the motor itself.

Dale