Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

wow dale that really sucks. i feel ya on the pain of parts, cat wanted some obscene amount of money ofr a new piston, con rod, con rod bearing for my older 9gk motor

Dale
You might want to check the weight differences between the 2 pistons to see if it will throw off your balance.
If you want some help call me.

Chris

Dale just had his pump and injectors gone through iirc.

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

This could of happend from the pump it was screwed up bad the injectoers were good to go .Keven Glover did a great job repairing the pump.Idles very smooth.Thanks to NorthEast Deisel for quik turn around.
Chris going to put all 6 piston in nothing like more cubic in,+ fuel =horse power:woohoo::ft: mabie it might make more than 128hp LOLon the dyno with cummins parts in her.:rockwoot:

Part got more $$$$$$$$$ when cat bout perkins out back in 98.Chris know me very well this isn't the first time I used different make of engenes to make big motorsIf I can try to save a buck I have to to pay the billes and eat.
Going out and pulling the rest of the motor out now and strippng down tommorow taking ot to the micheneshop he is going to try to get it done after Christmas.There are some morks in the valves from the debree no bent one.I haven't decided if I'm going to do some cleanup port work in the bowl area.depend on time. they are alot better than the cummins ports already.
Dale

Last edited:
Dale
Just thinking a big difference in piston weight might throw the balance out to the point where you might have to re balance crank & flywheel
Chris

6cyl are 0 balance I'm going to weigh them tomorrow morning.
got the block all stripped tonight ready to go to the machine shop.
Dale

Will post some as soon they get done down loading to photo bucket
my old body is hurting this morning from yesterday.

Dale

i can only imagine, sorry that you have to tear your motor down again :(

I just tried to put pictures up but the home computer locked up have to go to the inlaws for Christmas will try later
Dale

1356279251.jpg

1356279255.jpg

1356279259.jpg

just a shot of the intake port
1356279267.jpg

1356279271.jpg

the crank note it don't have the conter balance wheights like a cummins
1356279274.jpg

1356279276.jpg

Bad news don't think the wall thickness of the sleave is thick enough .100 only will leave it at .060 I have to do alot of thinking of what I can do for the lest amount of $$$$$$$
This realy SUCKS.:kick:
600.00 + per piston +1100.00+ for rings isn't going to happen.maybe get the sleeves that is used in they use for the 5.9 and bore out the block.and maybe see if it is possiable to put 6.7 pistons in haha that would be 418ci. are 6.84L :cheer:What do you guy's think ?
Dale

Found a place that is checking on after market perkins pistons and rings for like $140.00 per hole a h--- of alot cheaper than $64?.00 just for pistons going to have close to the same amount of money $600.00 for boring and another $100.00 for fitting the rod to the cimmins ristpins and buy rings if I use the cummins parts. and the after market perkins ones and don't have to worry about the sleeve cracking some time down the road.
About 900.00 for perkins aftermarket parts 880.00 to put in 5.9 parts I'm going with Aftermarket perkins
Dale

The rebuild kit is on the way it was sent out this afternoon.

Dale

wonder if there is aftermarket cat stuff too, i wish you the best of luck on the rebuild dale