Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

Saturday got the oil pan off and pulled the oil relief valve out took out the shims that came with the rebuild kit for updated oil pressure.Apparently wasn't ment for my motor.oil pressure with the shims went to over 100 psi now it's at 65 psi and 30 at idle.come down with the flu Saturday night haven't been able to work on her since.just have to put rad.and IC AC condenser and front clip. Back on.Then back to tunning the allison.The motor sounds different might be the higher compression ratio.or the valve train 100%Wright.

Dale

sure hope the drivetrain is right, you have put a lot of effort inot her

30-65psi? My 5.9 is 25-50psi. Sometimes it drops to 40psi when the temp goes up. Wondering if the sending unit is going out. Autometer non full sweep. Is something wrong?

Could be a bad sending unit are the gauge might not have a very good ground.How is your truck doing you have the twins on yet.

Dale

Been having twins since about November. Just rebuilt the NV5600....again. Twisted input, mainshaft 4th and 3rd teeth missing. Can't wait to do the Allison to say the least.

I think it might be a ground issue. I might add a 5V sender to my Insight and get rid of the gauge. The only drawback is I have to wait for the Insight to load up every time I start it up before I can see pressure, but it will be more accurate.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/cummins-conversions-shop-talk-tools-fabrication/371248-2003-f-550-ford-cummins-6-0-torqshift-2005-ctd-nv5600-lots-pics.html

Last edited:
Finally made a timing tab and stamped the palancer insted of releing on paint
1361390965_zpsb1922c5e.jpg

I got the truck out to take her for a test drive 8:30 friday morning made a trip across town then took her out on the Hwy I think she new she wasn't going back in the garage when we were going to get back home We got 3miles out of town and I pulled over to check things over under the hood for leaks didn't find nothing chut the hood and took of agoing and got about 200 yards and no throtlle pulled into the airport road raised clip and the cotter pin cam out of the throtle linkage I din't put all my juck back into the bed box I finally found a paper clip in the mean time it started to sleet and snow like I haven't ever seen come down that fast.Got home parked her on the street so I could get a 08 Ford in the shop to put exhaust and a H&S programer in.I don't like to leave the truck set on the street to many idiots don't know how to drive in the snow.I looked outside about a hour later there was 4" on the ground already.Truck ran good and has a differant tone out of the stacks.Sound deaper.
1361507309_zps31b29566.jpg

Had to take the grandson out and play in the snow for a little bitand play with the dog.
1361507269_zps89a61fdf.jpg

1361507263_zps8051efd2.jpg

Dale

I wanted to drive it today but the roads were to sloppy I need to get back in the mood to start fabing again need to get the inner fenders put on and made.And get the schroud made to cover the shifter mounted on my ford columb.And most of all Get her inspected and lisenced

Dale

Way nasty here, spent more time plowing and rescuing people the last couple days, but that's ok too.
Truck will still be there.

Took the truck to get safety inspection every thing was good but the windshield had a chip and crack in the upper left corner been there since 03 new law no chips and cracks at all.
It hard to keep it at 70 mph 1700 rpm foot has to get used to a new angle.Motor seems to be running good starts up better than it ever has when the weather get below freezing.Don't have to touch the fuel peddle.Motor is quite.Trany needs to have some more tuning for shift points and lockup.

Dale

I just dropped the truck of to have a windshield put in thank goodness I have comp.on the insurance 0 deductible.it suck he has to take the visor off t put the window In.the have to bring the truck back to show a new one in.Soo he can pass it and give me the paperwork to get license

Motor is doing great just have a small coolant drip coming out of a stud on the oil cooler bolted to side of the block.I guess it's my fault I used 2 peaces of thread all instead of the bolts to make it easier to put on the throttle cable braket.The threads are cut deaper on the thread all when I screw a nut on bolt its tighter than on the rod.Going to change out tomorrow.Allison is doing better as it learns we still have to change shift timing in 3 to 4 to 5th to 6th at lite throttle.It shifts perfect at full throttle firm but smooth.
Have to start doing some side work to help pay some bills haven't been working because of the weather.

Dale

Last edited: