Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

Yea it's doin good, just trying to come up with parts too make the AC compressor turn. May have to go to plan b.

I wish that there was a class for EFI live close.someny parameters that I don.t know what exactly they are supposed to do.

Dale

I wish that there was a class for EFI live close.someny parameters that I don.t know what exactly they are supposed to do.

Dale

Also keep in mind there are ALOT of parameters in EFILIVE that we CAN'T see. I would guess to say we only see maybe 4-5% of what is in there with EFILIVE. And there are ALOT of people who think they understand the TCM settings, and can grenade the trans with one wrong setting. Just be careful with your tuning, and go slow with your changes. I wouldn't make big changes to the shift timing tables because if you shorten them to much you will get tie ups and will be pulling the trans out in short order. And whenever you make a change, make sure and drive it to let it learn it to see what teh change actually does. The TCM will have to make 3-4 shifts before the changes will truly kick in, so it is EASY to make to big of a change thinking it didn't take effect.

I have changed the timing.went to give it more timing so maybe to smooth some shifts.Sofore I have alittle over 2000 miles on this setup.I would like to talk to you about some of the settings.

Dale

well glad to hear you like how it is runnin, any plans for it after she is done? myabe dyno it ??

Some day one of my freinds wants me to take to the shop where he works and get some no.Matt's truck is a dodge 12 valve with twins and 6sp allison with a allison 5sp stand alone he works for a allison shop. he dynoed at 650hp.He has a GB TC and some extra clutches and shift kit.He is the one that did the modification to my trany so it doesn't loose any line pressure when TC locks up my stay's at 300psi.Last time the perkins was on the dyno it only showed 13?hp hehe that because the Perkins don't rev up like the cummins does it's slower.I would like to get some good TQ numbers is what I'm after.and MPG.

Gotten alot better with the running this week.still have to work on the 4 to 3 down shift if I hold the throttle just off idle it shifts it drops smooth like the others.any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dale

Can,t wait to get this tuning done and get back on the rest of the truck.

Dale

Make something up for the column to cover the shifter.And finish the inner fenders for the front.and start on fixing some rust.and headliner,charge AC,I guess I could keep going.

Dale

There has been another wrench thrown in.Last wed.I was picking up one of my chutes for my mixer I drive long story made short I tore my right bycep loose from down by the elbow.It made a ball up by the schoulder.Had suregery last friday morning Dr.said everthing went well.It's going tobe 3 mounths before able to go back to work

Dale

Damn old people always hurting themselves. Lol. On a serious note I hope you feel better man.

Sorry to hear that Dale. A friend out here did the same thing except it tore from the shoulder down. He's almost ready to go back to work. Feel better soon, don't push it either it will get there!