Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

That is a awesome truck.I really like the instrument panel.Not allot of options on these trucks.
Keith

WOW! i just read 15pages of amazing stuff! great photos! amazing fab work! I'm just starting to tear into my 76' and you have given me some inspiration!

Thanks gentlemen for the kind words.Keith I like your truck I almost made a bed like yours.
Autoferret your truck is interesting do you guys have any pictures.I still have a lot to do to mine.

Dale

Thanks Andy I do some looking around for a ht3b housing.

Dale

Cool i think the current one will work but just like the option to help spool since im rpm limited with the Ve. How is your trans tuning coming?

Haven't had a chance to get with Chris yet Vince I got the truck leicend.Haven't even gone any were last couple of days didn't even go out and start her up.
I built my sons twins had 35/40 -12cm with HT3B 26cm with VP pump 7x14 injectors it would hit 60lb no problem.
I haven't hit 30lb yet with the new rebuild only to 25 13lb on HT60 and 26lb on drive press 1100 egt high

Dale

Autoferret your truck is interesting do you guys have any pictures
Dale

i'll take a few tomorrow when i'm moving stuff around the shop.

but Its a 76' F150 w/ a 76 or older 3-53 Detroit w/a new process (435) 4 speed tranny. The tranny is the same spline and length as a T-5 which i happen to have from a 89 mustang which i'll be putting in later rather than sooner.

It currently needs rewired and the break's fixed before it'll be less of a death trap and a little more road worthy!

I saw that a few months ago Dale. Im still waiting for it to be released and a price.

Last night I couldn't sleep so I started doing some research.It's not that difficult really.will have to start working on something like that for the perkins when we get the Allison all figured out.

Dale

Picked up EFI Live last week have been getting used to it.Have been doing small changes at a time got the up shifting doing more to fit the way my motor reacts and ranges.now working on the down shifting while coasting to a stop without tutching the brakes when it drops down from 5th to 4th it bangs hard 4th to 3rd same.but when I apply the brakes it down shifts great.full throttle up shift are perfect.kick down shift work good also.raising the shift points was first thing I did so for for the better.No more low end smoking and boost is up when going in next gear.He-- I can now take a couple Dodges and Fords that and wanted to play at stoplights I just as surprise as they where when they couldn't catch me.The next thing I'm probably going to do next is put a 80 in the truck when the 70 decides to go boom.
Haven't hooked to the enclosed trailer yet to see how the Allison likes being worked.Have almost 2000 miles on the Trany since I got it going from the first motor build.New motor is doing great(sofore) don't want to Jenks anything.After Trany get all tuned in I will get back to finish the inner fenders tired of cleaning the motor all the time.Have to put some sound deadening on fire wall and on the front clip.we have to start on fixing some rust spots that are going that sucks I guess it is old 38yrs old.

Dale
Any ideas would help

Dale

Yea just takes patience.a couple of time it felt like I went 2 steps backwards before I made improvements.off today again because of rain so going to do some more adjusting.
How's yours doing running like you expected.

Dale

Man you are making leaps and bounds on gdtting it rinning. Can't wait tilll next time I make it back your way to take her for a spin lol

Sweet build. Those phaser engines aren't very common from what I have seen!
Love the perkins and the truck