Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

wow! seems with all those guages you would have everything covered! the more info the better though! looks sweet

I was hopeing in a couple of weeks.but I just suckey news this morning that I am no longer employed they closed our plant because of unoin reps wouldn't give up one thing.We voted to this one thing up to keep our jobs but we don't count so 12 people are out of work.and we had insurance till end of may till this afternoon the union trustees canceled it on us.And I lost my 3week vacation they owe me from 2011.Sorry fore winning just hard to give up 24yrs.
I a'm makeing the bracket for the TPS and figuring out the ratio of the arm to get the full throttle and movement of the Cat TPS.

You no once a truck driver always a truckdriver got to have my gauges.When I get done with the truck I will list what all the gauges do.
Dale

Got a call this afternoon that the union reativated our insurence.Aload of of my mind and the wifes she was realy worried lastnight she couldn't sleep.we have a meeting at the hall in the morning to find out what kind of bull the union is going to throw at us.

Dale

I was wondering why you picked a 1000 and not a 2000 series transmission? I have been seeing some of them around and don't really know much about them. Seem to be very similar to the 1000 not sure how much more durable they are though.

I got it reasonable and I had all the sae 3 part for the allison that came on my motor.and also I can use EFI live to adjust the 1000 you can't on the 2000.
So All I had to by for the 1000 to bolt up to my motor was the sae 3 bell housing for the trany.
Dale

sorry to hear about the job. good luck with the meeting tomorrow

All the meeting was about was the union blaming the compony on everything.All of us emploies blame the union reps they wouldn't even let us vote on the componies proposle :kick:

Dale

Got the throttle redone and made the TPS parts to bolt the cat TPS together.it was a little bit of a pain to get the TPS and the throtle to gether so the TPS would have full travel.Have all the pictures.Working on the fan shroud for the bigger electric fan went from a 13" to a 19.5 going tomorrow to pick up some more alluminun sheet..I'msupost to get all the wiring parts this week for the alison.

Dale

finnally got the time to get the pictures downloaded.
made the housing for the Cat TPS bolted it under the dash inline with the foot peddle.
It was fun getting the ratio to get the full sweep of the TPS to match the feul peddle movement.
Photo0474.jpg

Photo0475.jpg

Photo0477.jpg

The old Hydrolic pump for the powerstearing
Photo0463.jpg

The new Mersedes pump.
Photo0479.jpg

Did some mods to the HT60 put a exhaust brake and a variable rastgate to spool faster.One of my dads buddies did this 40yrs ago on his pulling tractor he used a cable to close the butterfly when the turbo was starting to fall off closed it and would get a few more feet down the track.This is exactly the way he did it.But I'm ussing a wastegate acturator.this one starts to open at 21lb and fully open at 50lb
Photo0485.jpg

Photo0489.jpg

IMG]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn258/2wpuller/Photo0498.jpg[/IMG]
This is the exhaust brake.I ussed a Bimba 1.25x1 air cyl.
Photo0487.jpg

Photo0488.jpg

Photo0499.jpg

Photo0500.jpg

Veiw of the new throttle lever and return spring setup.
Photo0472.jpg

Photo0482.jpg

A few picture of the hydro boost from a 1ton chevy
Photo0491.jpg

Photo0492.jpg

Photo0493.jpg

Photo0495.jpg

I still need to plum in the returnlines to the cooler and then to the resivor picking a aluminum one up at a local speed shop.

Dale

Nice progress there Dale! You keep that up and your going to be back on the road in no time:cool:

Thanks guy's I can't wait to drive the old girl again.

Dale

I repolished the intake it was alittle naste sitting for almost a year.
Photo0508.jpg

The acturator for the exhaust valve is very close to the intake I didn't think it would be that bad.
Photo0504.jpg

Photo0506.jpg

Photo0507.jpg

I wraped the crome elbow to keep the heat off of the air cyl.have 2 layers.
Photo0502.jpg

I put another crossmember by the radiator to mount the tranycooler it is a hydrolic cooler from a old redimix truck.I don't remember what the powerstearing cooler came from I thind a superduty ? the air horns are off of a peterbuilt with a electric sylinoid 120lb of air it is loud make the woman jump at astop light when they not paying attention when the light turn greene.
Photo0510.jpg

Photo0512.jpg

Photo0511.jpg

Photo0515.jpg

Photo0514.jpg

Dale

I would be along with the prodject.But I had to take on some concrete jobs to make some extra $$$$$ unemployment don't stretch very for.

I just got word thursday that the compony I worked for want's me to start work at another location sometime this week more than a 1/3 lest pay that sucks but it is more than UE I have to start at the bottom and drive a old Ford 8000 that realy suck after haveing 23yr sin,and driving a 2010 Peterbuild.
I was getting to like simiretirement HaHa.

Dale