Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

Thank guy's if I didn't have bad luck I wouldn't have eny luck at all.when I installed the harness to the trany 20pin plug it started to leak fluid 2 pins seap fluid out.going to pull the pan and clean the inside of the plug realgood and put some good epoxy around al the wires.What is the best stuff out there to use for this apt.

Dale

Thats a work of art, IMO.. Wish I had half the skills to do all that.

hopefully I got the plug sealed up I used some apoxy that a freind of mine got for me.it is used to seal phone connections.Made by Huntsman looks like JB weld.
Photo0594.jpg

Photo0597.jpg

Photo0596.jpg

Photo0598.jpg

Photo0599.jpg

Photo0601.jpg

I used a vacum pump to try to pull the opoxy down into the plug.
I made a block to conect some positive and neg.
Photo0589.jpg

Photo0590.jpg

Photo0592.jpg

Dale

I doudt it.Did you get yours going yet.Kurt
hopefully I will get the perkins started today I picked up some new batts the old one had some dead cells not much cranking.I getting real excited now can't wait to drive it.

Dale

got the wiring ready for under the carpet.used some sound deadner to hold the wirers apart and flat.
Photo0603_001.jpg

Photo0612_001.jpg

Photo0614_001.jpg

got the junktion block mounted for all the hot and ground wires.
Photo0618_001.jpg

mounted my CB and leanard and frequency counter instald.the meater changes colar.
Photo0619_001.jpg

Photo0623_001.jpg

Photo0626_001.jpg

Photo0627_001.jpg

have to finnish the rear part of the headliner the front peice came frome LMC.
has the radio and speakers mounted in it.
Photo0628_001.jpg

Photo0629_001.jpg

Photo0630_001.jpg

finished hooking up the other egt gauge abd the back pressure and boost gauges also.
Photo0632_001.jpg

My starter gave up won't turn the motor over very fast get real hot going to take it to the rebuilders to get checked out and boosted up as mush as they can they have done this for me before.got a little busy this week end had to go out to the sandbar to work on one of my sons boats wouldn't run this is the payment I got was to watch all the youngs thie one on the right is my sone girlfreind and the one on the left is a freind.i will start to work on the truck tuesday I got my back burnt real bad can't lay on it for now.
Photo0640.jpg

Dale

Ok Dale
I've known you for at least 45 years and that is the first time I ever saw you in shorts.

Yes sir mine is back on the road its not right but i figured heck with it ill drive it until it breaks wish i could pay you to build my twin kit

I'm always amazed by your work Dale! Any thread of yours i always read front to back. I admire the pride and determination you put into your projects:clap:

Very good work my man:Cheer:

The truck is a very nice piece. Really like the interior

Thanks for the great comments.
Chris I know you have as good of memory as I do we were in boyscouts together almost all the kids then had skinny legs I just don't want to scare tomeny people now.i cut a good pair of genes off.Shane and his buddies couldn't beleive I got bothe legs even.Michelle thought the picture was funny a old man with young girls I just liked it.

How is your truck running Chris.After I get the old ford running we have to make a road trip to tune the trany.you willing to rid in a old cluncker.
Dale

Last edited:
Well it has been 4day's cince I put the trany fluid back in.didn't see eny drips sofore.Waiting to get the started back from the rebuilders so I can get bher started up getting very impationed.:nail:still don't have the AC comp. and braket yet.

Dale.

Well it has been 4day's cince I put the trany fluid back in.didn't see eny drips sofore.Waiting to get the started back from the rebuilders so I can get bher started up getting very impationed.:nail:still don't have the AC comp. and braket yet.

Dale.

i have been waiting on my harness to show up... basicly everything is done that can be done with out the harness

looking good

im looking ate swaping out then 4l80 for a fso8406 its stronger and lighter then the allison

I haven't checked out the fso8406 going to but didn't have time.I have been looking into buying a hotshot buessnes here in town the guy wants to retire.All the contracts come with the truck and trailer and permets.

Dale

i have been waiting on my harness to show up... basicly everything is done that can be done with out the harness

looking good

im looking ate swaping out then 4l80 for a fso8406 its stronger and lighter then the allison

FSO 6 speeds are heavier than the Allison by about 30lbs. Strength-wise, it's a wash - nobody ever breaks Ally hard parts until you get into really high HP. The Fullers are excellent transmissions for hotshotters though. Between it and an Ally really depends more on whether you mind driving a stick or not, IMO. They're both good transmissions. I had a FSO6306X that I was going to run until my chronically aching left ankle convinced me that the Ally was a better way to go.

Last edited:
We I got my bubble bersted I still have a very small drip.7days and very little in a shotglass.I can live with that for now.$113.00 latter got my starter back just got home from work heading out in the garage to get it on and maybe get her started I hope.

Dale

Got the starter on cranked on her for a while still didn't start.took a cup and dipped some fuel out of the tank didn't smell like diesel very much so we drained out 26 gal. I went and picked up 5gal. of premeir fuel and with in 5min.she was running:cheer:.I have a video but have to figure out how to post it never done them only pictures.motor has alot more responce and turbo's have more whine :ft:now with all that was done to the motor.

Dale

Last edited: