Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

I ended up going into St.louis to ThermoKing to have the fittings crimped.they did a good job.Took longer to drive down there than it did for the Man to crimp all of them and repair a AC line off of my sons Saturn.off work today again.going to rap up all the AC prodject.I getting a pair of 1972 chevy inner fenders and adapt them to the Ford.
Come h--l or High water She is going to be driven this week end.
Dale

I guese the high water came haha.We had the Washington Fair this past week and had 2 bad rain storms fridaynight1.5 inches and saturday night 2 3/8 in.in a veryshort time.didn't get to finnisg up and put the front clip on.have a couple of more pictures need to down load them and post them.will do that tomorrow.

Dale

1344286133.jpg

I got the copper tubing put on for the BP gauge and for the boost for the HT60 I used the copper on the HT60 because I didn't want to posibly melt the plastic line.almost looks like a miniture still.
1344286128.jpg

Dale

i dont see much progress on 4bt, glad i found it here. lots more detail, so when does she hit the road

Going to take her for a test drive this weekend if we don't have enymore storms.Don't realy want to drive it with out some inner fender wells.I just picked some up for 73 chevy yesterday I have to do some trimming and make some brackets to hold them on the frame.going to make them removable.The won't be mounted to the front clip.Got them for 20.00 apeice.
1344634453.jpg

I decided to make new hood rest out of aluminum.And you know I have to polish them.
1344634435.jpg

1344634440.jpg

I used a extra Snow water injection bottle for my window washer res,used a peice of stainless steal for the mounting bracked.

1344634448.jpg

I have the Snow kits that was on the Gambler,I'm going to use one on the old girl and see how it works I have to get a controller for the street.
1344634422.jpg

what do you guy's think about putting it on the truck.Good or bad alway trying to get better mpg.
Dale

what brand and model is that tire, also what size? the tread pattern looks great

Cooper Descover 235/85R/16 I have gotten good milage out of them sofore.they have 43.000 mile on them.

How is your prodject comming along.

Dale

slowly, i need to get engie out, bolt tranny to and reinsert in the enigne bay after i cut the firewall. goign to see how much it is going to cost to have a new piece of steel wleded in

I know how slow prdject come together.I should have had this one done along time age.

Dale

Finnally got the truck out of the garage sunday late afternoonwouldn't shift found out it went in limpmode only went around a couple of blocks.Tonight we put EFI on the TCM and she had PO751,PO772,PO975,PO761,PO762,PO960,P2761,P0659,P2 671,U0100 Haveter doing some checking out we cleared the codes and only 4 came back don't have that list with me it is with Chris and freind of mine with EFI live.The TPS would only go to 22.7% going to play with it tommorow night.The tapshift is show that it is working on the computor don't know about the T/H.

Dale

We found that I had put 3 wires in the wrong spots at the TCM.Hopefully tomorrow night we will clear the codes and take the old girl for another test drive.

Dale