Perkins rebuild and Allison6sp swap

Nope not yet have been bussy then it is fathers day today soI desided to be a bum and just catch up on some sleep and spend it watching TV.going to hit it hard this week.might just take it for a drive with out the front clip on her.going to pick up the rest of the AC this week.

Dale

I just got the new rag joint for the stearing tonight.I screwed the other one up when I jacked up the cab to replace the left front cab mount.it was one of those stupid moments.just got in a hurry.will get it on tomorrow night..Hope I can get my soninlaw to come over to help move the front clip and mabe take it for a spin around the block.:evil

Dale

it was easy to get the starter in and out with the front clip off.
Photo0642.jpg

Photo0641.jpg

Some shoots of the AC compressor and brackets that are universel.
Photo0656.jpg

Photo0657.jpg

Photo0659.jpg

Photo0660.jpg

working on the plate for the motor to weld the brackets to.

Dale

Looks like you are getting real close Dale.
I've been meaning to call you back BTW, just havent got a break during a normal persons hours.

I would have taken her out for a test run but the wife wouldn't let me put the front clip in the backyard.And made a good point to just finnish the AC then drive it.It is going to be 104 thursday and 103 friday.I will have the AC on in the garage cooling it down so I can work.got a better truck at work with AC and a auto.

Dale

I finnally got the AC bracket done and mounted.I went and slotted the mounting hole for finer adjustment.Still waiting for other AC parts.getting to be alot to keep clean and polished.
Photo0668.jpg

Photo0674.jpg

Photo0676.jpg

Photo0677.jpg

Photo0678.jpg

Photo0680.jpg

Man that is a clean engine bay. I'm liking the painted injector lines, I always wondered what they'd look like painted.

Awesome work as always!

I had them polished but while the truck sat for awhile they started to have rust spots.I just thaut it would brake up all the shiny stuff.Some day I would like to get som braided heater hoses. And get ridd of those greene ones even they look like I used a garden hose.Off of work today going to get some more work done and get help to put the fron clip back on.Only takes 4 pins and 2 wire plugs that is what make it easy to work the truck with the tilt clip.

Dale

i knew this build looked familiar :) looks great cant wait to see her on the road :P

maybe on sunday afternoon.I have to get some help putting the front clip back on.

Dale

UPS showed up at 5:00 with the hose kis and fittings and drier.Minus the compressor he said it got put on another truck he would bring it by tomorrow afternoon.They sent me the fitting that have to pressed like hydolic hoses I have a hose crimper Does enyone now if the HYDO.dies will work.

Dale

different dies completely. guys at work have made that mistake and end up replacing brand new leaking a/c hoses
ed

Back