Pistons?

Subscribed... I'm interested in prices as well. Would the fly cuts only allow them to work with the fuel economy cam?

What about hot spots from the sharp angles at the outside edge of the valve reliefs??? Especially on the deeper reliefs??

Ron, I will have to check on the alloy.

z-We are looking at $100 bucks per hole with rings.

I am looking at having a cost effective coating put on the skirts similar to the Marine 12v pistons as well.

97-yep

Shughes- the design is not perfect, but we are working on it. I just wanted to provide another option to the what is out there.

I will give you all a full rundown on specs, Compression ratio, weight, and total cost as soon as testing is complete. The flycuts are 2.00" I would not go over 1.9" with valve size. WE are also getting blanks made so that we can play around with different CR bowls. I am hoping that the solid dome without the oil galleys will work out for much better high heat longevity. It has to be better than the OE.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Ryan, on the list for a set of .020 over "race" pistons. I need the .120 reliefs to work with my valve protrusion. Will be interested in details.

Why is the TRL lower on the street piston? If you were going to base if off of the 286110 why not update the bowl design?

They were supposed to be opposite. A screw up is to blame. The bowl design is slightly different than the 286110. It is wider and more shallow, with a little more of a re-entrant bowl.

Weston, If you want I can send you a blank so that you can cut them any way you want or I can have the design you came up with cut on piston. I just did not want to use your design and take credit for it.

I've posted many pictures of bowl designs, anyone could rightfully use them. I am working with Mahle, this is the reason for the lack of dimensions.

Thank you smokem.

Like I said I just did not want to use your design. MAHLE has some really high-end pistons none of which I am trying to replace. I just wanted to provide an option to a group of engine builders that wanted a higher compression piece that had fly-cuts and was affordable. These are not meant for every application on the road or track.

I am not trying to unseat MAHLE with these, I just thought that there was a need for an economical piston with the compression ratios higher than OE and with flycuts already being used.

Zach

Last edited:
Mahle 286110's can be had under $400/set. Why not use an existing part, cut/coat them and create a thinner/better head gasket? This would also increase compression, and be easy to alter if desired.

Other then more nosie , what other down falls would there be for running higher comp. pistions? cyclender pressure might spike to high? maybe over heating would be an issue?

more power, more spoolup, more bottom end.. for a street truck loosing compression isnt a good thing in my opinion. years ago piers showed every point in compression lost 20hp overall let alone driveabilty. I would buy a set of pistons with .12o valve reliefs that stayed in the 16 to 17-1 tomorrow if they were resonabley priced.......
instead im having to shave the tops of marine pistons and the block the same to get some cr back close to stock.. and sorry im not hip part nubers. i just want big bowls, valve reliefs and close to stock cr..

brett you have to look at the site in order to see threads.. LOL

more power, more spoolup, more bottom end.. for a street truck loosing compression isnt a good thing in my opinion. years ago piers showed every point in compression lost 20hp overall let alone driveabilty. I would buy a set of pistons with .12o valve reliefs that stayed in the 16 to 17-1 tomorrow if they were resonabley priced.......
instead im having to shave the tops of marine pistons and the block the same to get some cr back close to stock.. and sorry im not hip part nubers. i just want big bowls, valve reliefs and close to stock cr..

Ya i been seeing the pros to going up in compression are great, thats what got me interested in them. I was just wondering what the down side would be if any..