Platte city, MO/july 25

The whole event went good I thought. I was only able to watch but oh well. The track looked tight, am I wrong? Look forward to seeing everyone at Terra haute.

How much nitrous would be needed for one run?

You can get some pretty small bottles...

7 oz Nitrous Bottle (2'' dia x 11.36'' tall)
10 oz Nitrous Bottle (2'' dia x 15.09'' tall)
16 oz Nitrous Bottle (3.2'' dia x 9.83'' tall)
1.4 lb Nitrous Bottle (3.2'' dia x 11.38'' tall)
2.5 lb Nitrous Bottle (4.38'' dia x 12.37'' tall)

Put the whole thing in an intercooler or intercooler to engine tube and rig it up pnuematically to open when under pressure...

No lines, solenoids, or anything showing from the outside.

But that's just how I would do it :hehe:

Sniffer would catch it, unless of course you had your block evacuation pump running drawing clean fresh air past the sniffer probe :poke:

I'm still unsure of why the "Nitrous at TS" point was brought up. Beings it was perfectly legal there. Them guys won't deny they run the bottle. But they run it when it is allowed. Don't know what the big deal about a good running track that has ran nitrous when nitrous is allowed is. Its not like this is the first time he has won a big event or beat good running trucks. Hand shakes, congrats, get to work on your truck and try next time. Otherwise get out of anything competitive you have in your life. Cause losing is part of all of our lives. Otherwise we would all be rich and no worries. Then somebody still has to lose.

I heard some of the pro stock cars in the past have blown oil pans off sitting in the pits!!!

All i have to say is that you dont put over 50 foot on most of the rest of the pack on a tight ass track like that. But dont forget guys his hitch point was almost what looked like to the naked eye without a tape measure it was almost 20 inches up under the truck. that probably had a play in things as well. and if i were the guys that have troy help tune their truck, i would be p...ed at troy for putting the f...ing to them for not giving them the same rpm's as troy

I think I know one guy that is.

i dnt know bout anyones truck but my own all i have sad on here is hear say so im sry if i mad ppl mad on here thats not what i like to be doin i just want to know whats up so again if i mad ppl mad im sry

Wow looks to like to me where all the other trucks pettered out Troys just down shifted and went another 10-15ft. Congrats to the winners.

Thanks for the vid.

What was up with Williams getting out of a running truck than climbing underneith to stow a strap? Around here that would be a sure DQ. If no one is in the drivers seat it should be shut off. Climbing under it running truck like that.:doh:

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid.

What was up with Williams getting out of a running truck than climbing underneith to stow a strap? Around here that would be a sure DQ. If no one is in the drivers seat it should be shut off. Climbing under it running truck like that.:doh:

I asked it I could get out of my vehicle to turn on my valet. They allowed me.

It was a great show, Josh, nd Troy helped me out, so i could attempt, to make a hook, in the 2.8 class, Josh hooked me up with a fellow puller to borrow some parts. Congrats to you guys, one hell of a hook.
Also getting more on the subject of Platte, congrats, to GARRY,(GWOODY) for a first time hook on a new setup in the 2.6 class. a little fire WOW, but great Job Garry.
maybe next year l'll show up with a truck that doesnt have a blow head gasket. Thanks guys and CONGRATS AGAIN................

never heard of that rule John... kinda makes sense but never heard of it around here.

C-ya

Wow looks to like to me where all the other trucks pettered out Troys just down shifted and went another 10-15ft. Congrats to the winners.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Some of that was pure momentum, but I bet it was worth a good chunk.

Stick trucks, eat your heart out :hehe:

i dnt know bout anyones truck but my own all i have sad on here is hear say so im sry if i mad ppl mad on here thats not what i like to be doin i just want to know whats up so again if i mad ppl mad im sry

If I spelled or posted like the above, I would probably shoot myself.

It was a great show, Josh, nd Troy helped me out, so i could attempt, to make a hook, in the 2.8 class, Josh hooked me up with a fellow puller to borrow some parts. Congrats to you guys, one hell of a hook.
Also getting more on the subject of Platte, congrats, to GARRY,(GWOODY) for a first time hook on a new setup in the 2.6 class. a little fire WOW, but great Job Garry.
maybe next year l'll show up with a truck that doesnt have a blow head gasket. Thanks guys and CONGRATS AGAIN................

Where has this new truck of yours been all year. Heard all these good things about it and have yet to see it?? Your truck is more invisible than mine!!:hehe:

Where has this new truck of yours been all year. Heard all these good things about it and have yet to see it?? Your truck is more invisible than mine!!:hehe:
Somehow mine does show up at big events, but seems like Ill hit a couple of brush pulls after a problem and it does fine, thin go to a big event and have noting but problems. I tought i might get lucky with something as easy as a head gasket this time bu i dont think thats the case. O well bck to the drawing board AGAIN.......

Back