Post 60' Times, Manual Transmission

well, I guess I'm still the fastest with 315's! I might have turned a better 60, but thats the only slip i could find!

matt folsom 1.48 60 ft with slips 04.5 4x4 2nd gear launch valair single stock turbo, injectors, cp3, and exhaust

matt folsom 1.48 60 ft with slips 04.5 4x4 2nd gear launch valair single stock turbo, injectors, cp3, and exhaust

Smoking the lights out dont count!! Pro street 60' times with >500rwhp and a single disk clutch:umno:!

Last edited:
you may call bs but ill try and get the time slip from him. i wasnt there to see it but i saw the slip when he got back. if i can find it i will take a pic and put it on here... and oh yea it dinoed 544 and runs a 13.2 1/4 mile! that was also at Mason Dixon Raceway!!!!!

If he did great! Im no dodge expert but 544 on a stock turbo, injectors and cp3, i dont know about all that! A slip wont do it for me, smoke can make the lights do funny things!!

ON second thought lets see the slip, The 1/8 mile time will tell the story!

It's for real... Matt's a good stick-man. I taught him how to launch on the tree with a diesel truck. He drives the pi$$ out of the trucks, and he's hard on parts - but he gets the job done better than most and manages to bring home the money.

That particular truck has a 12.9X under it's belt from last fall. He runs a lot of aftermarket fueling. I don't think the times are as impressive as the fact that he's doing it with an NV5600...

Do you think the 5600 is faster or slower than the 4500 in the 1/4 mile. When a 5600 launches in 3rd, the only hard shift is 4-5.

Most NV4500 can't launch in 3rd because its too tall and the 2-3 shift is hard as well as the 4-5.

I'd venture to say the 5600 is faster in the 1/4 mile if gears and tires are setup to launch in 3rd. And it definitely will have the advantage in the 60' times.

Thoughts? Criticisms?

If he did great! Im no dodge expert but 544 on a stock turbo, injectors and cp3, i dont know about all that! A slip wont do it for me, smoke can make the lights do funny things!!

ON second thought lets see the slip, The 1/8 mile time will tell the story!

X2 A 500hp truck is not going to 60' like that. He staging with the back tires?:hehe:

Golden quest t on... was the 1.48 ever backed up??? ever??? Or was it a one time deal that has been unable to be repeted. I still say smoke, maybe clutch smoke from the failair but smoke nonetheless!

I know Matt backed up the 1.6X's he told me about a number of times... not sure if the beams are getting smoked - truck had a pretty big single behind the cab last time I saw it.

It runs an 8.1 in the 1/8. Any yall wanna come to western PA to race?

12.9 I can believe. 8.1 I can believe. 1.48???? I call BS.

Sorry that is better 60' than most 11sec trucks and some 10 sec trucks. That kind of 60' takes far, far, far, more that low or even mid 500HP. Come to Western PA to race? WTF? Last time I looked I lived in Western PA. You do realize that two of the quickest manual trans Dmaxs are in Western PA?:doh: How come neither 05_LLY or myself have seen this truck at the track? Or even heard any buzz about it until know. I go to most local diesel events. Heck I even went to one in Indiana, PA.:poke:

i would have called bs to if i hadnt have seen it. Idk why the truck runs as fast as it does. Matt is one hel of a shifter. Anybody who calls bs should come to western Pa this spring to Pittsburgh Race Way and watch him.

We've only been here since the end of september. His truck has been broken off and on. He has only got the chance to run it once at Mason Dixon in maryland. Yall are more than welcome to bring your duramaxes to diesel dawgs at pittsburg raceway on april 25.

I havent seen him run at the track but he is by far the fastest shifting sob i ever saw. His truck is pretty quick too, and it all is was with a single plate unitl now i just sent him a new DD that shifts very quick.

It runs an 8.1 in the 1/8. Any yall wanna come to western PA to race?

Im about 30 min from wyotech, i wont street race but when the track opens in april, game on!!!!

For a 500hp truck 12.9 is beleivable, 8.1 is beleivalbe and goes along with the 12.9 time, the 1.48 dosent fit into the picture unless uyou use a crayon to pu it there!!

Last edited:
Golden quest t on... was the 1.48 ever backed up??? ever??? Or was it a one time deal that has been unable to be repeted. I still say smoke, maybe clutch smoke from the failair but smoke nonetheless!

i say he can back it up, and ceramic clutches dont smoke dude.

i say he can back it up, and ceramic clutches dont smoke dude.

Saying it can be done and doing it are two different things!

I know buddy,Thanx for the schoolin! I run a ceramic SBC It has over 40,000miles on it and well over 100 passes at the track along with a few sled pulles here and there.

Last edited:
Back