Post 60' Times, Manual Transmission

your welcome and i will be waiting for the proof, i dont know cause i havent seen but i know he's definetly got a fast truck. good luck

Im about 30 min from wyotech, i wont street race but when the track opens in april, game on!!

Looks like there are going to be some fun test and tunes this year up at Pittsburgh Raceway Park... :poke::Cheer:

i say he can back it up, and ceramic clutches dont smoke dude.

1.48 60' somebody is smoking something. If it is not the clutch then it must be, oh well nevermind.:hehe:

I dont care what trans, clutch, or turbo it has. mid 500hp will not 60' foot like that or anywhere near close. :owned:Heck my 3800lbs Buick GN would not 60' that good with darn near the same power. You can get past the laws of physics. Newton will win everytime.

I have no issue if there someone wants to race. :rockwoot:
I drive to all over this end of the state going to events and have never seen or heard of this till know? It would love to see a time slip and or a vid.

I know Matt backed up the 1.6X's he told me about a number of times... not sure if the beams are getting smoked - truck had a pretty big single behind the cab last time I saw it.

High 1.6's could be with out question but not 1.4's$.02!

Some food for thought.

My uncle's 65 Malibu drag car. 3400lbs. SBC with lots of:nos:. Sprays off the line run on MT radial. Runs 10.6 1/4 with 1. 45 60' with one front tire off the ground.:Cheer:

A high 12 sec truck that weighs at least 2000lbs more going 60' just as quick but 2 sec slower at the 1/4 does not make any since. If he has that kind of power off the line where is it the other 1260'?$.02

Matt's only been up in PA since last fall, so he can't be expected to be well-known, and his truck has a fair amount of down-time... we rebuilt his tranny last spring and he had the T-case rebuilt up there towards the end of the season.

Relatively light 4WD truck, short 285s, coming out of the hole in 3rd at 2500rpm+... cuts a good light and makes great 60's when you leave on the last yellow.
The traction bars also help quite a bit.

He won $$ at Mason Dixon in October with a .025 sec reaction time & low 13s... 1.6X 60's
That was the same day he cut the 1.48 60' (apparently, he's trying to get a copy of the slip from the track :hehe:) during 20+ runs.

Dan swears the 6-button DD arriving this week is gonna shift even faster...

I agree that the times - especially 60's - for diesels can seem crazy, but I keep them in context (CTD) with an engine producing massive torque at low RPM and a huge amount of kinetic energy stored in a heavy reciprocating assembly at RPM.
Heck, I can bark the tires in 5th in my '05 with 37"s and 9K# curb weight... it certainly isn't from tons of HP - the stored energy of 3500+rpm sure helps!

Been down the 6 button DD road, it held good and shifted better then a 12 but didnt last!

1.48 60' somebody is smoking something. If it is not the clutch then it must be, oh well nevermind.:hehe:

I dont care what trans, clutch, or turbo it has. mid 500hp will not 60' foot like that or anywhere near close. :owned:Heck my 3800lbs Buick GN would not 60' that good with darn near the same power. You can get past the laws of physics. Newton will win everytime.

I have no issue if there someone wants to race. :rockwoot:
I drive to all over this end of the state going to events and have never seen or heard of this till know? It would love to see a time slip and or a vid.

Agreed, my 60 on the time in my signiture was only 1.89. I know thats pretty bad but 1.48...come on.

Relatively light 4WD truck, short 285s, coming out of the hole in 3rd at 2500rpm+... cuts a good light and makes great 60's when you leave on the last yellow.
The traction bars also help quite a bit.

My truck weigths 6600 in race trim. I run 265s on stock wheels. I leave in third gear. I leave at around 4500rpm. I have traction bars and at the time a dual disk Mcleod style clutch that you could slip the crap if you wanted to.
1.90 60'

It takes horsepower to get it to the 60'! The heavy rotating assmbly intera will be not enough to carry you past 60' that quick. Unless you have figured out a way to cheat Newton. Rev it up dump the clutch and let off throttle. See what happens? I bet you dont even make it 60' You need the HP to get you there.

I can do a rolling burn in 5th gear so what? I cant sixty like that, neither can most 800hp trucks of the face of the earth. Now all the sudden you what me to beleive a 500hp truck with single disk can?:bang

You can use big words and try to explain it way all you want. All your doing is trying to baffle me with BS. I am not some 20 something young guy. It been racing in some fashion for over 15 years. Frankly I can see right through that.

Time slips and vid will go a long way but bigfoot will probably get lost delivering them.

Who knows i fhe can do it again. Im just saying i saw it. I guess we'll find out in april. There ought to be some good racing!!

My truck weigths 6600 in race trim. I run 265s on stock wheels. I leave in third gear. I leave at around 4500rpm. I have traction bars and at the time a dual disk Mcleod style clutch that you could slip the crap if you wanted to.
1.90 60'

Not trying to defend 1.48 cause I myself find that incredible, but if 1.9 is all you can get out of your 4500 rpm launch on a lighter weight truck, you've got traction issues!

My little 499 peak hp el-cheapo setup has clicked off a 1.86 60' time. My times slow down as the night progresses. My thought is that track prep has a ton to do with 60' times. When your the 2nd vehicle to make a pass like I was on my 1.86 run, it's hard not to find traction.

I'm starting to think my truck has 1.7XX 60' times in it, just not sure if I can drive it that fast.

The guys that launch in 3rd gear obviously don't have to shift in the first 60', what about guys like me that launch in 2nd gear? I always assumed that my 2-3 shift was happening in the first 60'.

NV4500 2nd gear = 3.04
Rear end = 3.55
Tire = 32.8"
RPM = 3400

That calcs out to 30.7 MPH, I have no idea if I shift before or after 60'

Thoughts?

You would be shifting after the 60 foot mark I would think(not positive). The thing to compare for manuals would be the 330.

The truth is he run a 1.48 at mason dixon. Call bs if you like but it happened! If you dont believe it or like it then come to diesel dawgs at Pittsburgh Raceway and see him run. There's more than one person seen him run that time. I dont understand why you "Maxi" drivers cant believe that. Just because he beats your 60' time!

Not trying to defend 1.48 cause I myself find that incredible, but if 1.9 is all you can get out of your 4500 rpm launch on a lighter weight truck, you've got traction issues!

Yes I did. Four wheel drive burn out for the first 20' But when it hooked up it sixtied worse.
My little 499 peak hp el-cheapo setup has clicked off a 1.86 60' time. My times slow down as the night progresses. My thought is that track prep has a ton to do with 60' times. When your the 2nd vehicle to make a pass like I was on my 1.86 run, it's hard not to find traction.All the passes I made are when my truck Dyoned low 500s. Dynojet 248 said 507. I have far more know. Will it go faster? Time will tell.

I'm starting to think my truck has 1.7XX 60' times in it, just not sure if I can drive it that fast. I beleive you could go 1.7

The guys that launch in 3rd gear obviously don't have to shift in the first 60', what about guys like me that launch in 2nd gear? I always assumed that my 2-3 shift was happening in the first 60'.I am out 3rd gear real quick. I only shft twice. Going for sixth improved my MPH but was not as quick. The new setup will be in sixth at the 1/8 hopefully.
Responses in red

The truth is he run a 1.48 at mason dixon. Call bs if you like but it happened! If you dont believe it or like it then come to diesel dawgs at Pittsburgh Raceway and see him run. There's more than one person seen him run that time. I dont understand why you "Maxi" drivers cant believe that. Just because he beats your 60' time!

MAxi, UH-OH name calling did we strike a nerve? Whats the trouble, did he, prove it, didnt he, admit it!

Wheres the driver at, dose he know your on here running his name through the mud?

HOw do you know it happed did you run the stop watch? I find it hard to beleive your eyes can tell the difference in .2 sec! HE can beet my 60' all he wants, he wont beat me at the money end!

Im @ PRP all the time, Ill keep my eye out!!

Back