Post 60' Times, Manual Transmission

If i remember a 1.48 60' usually goes around high 6's in the 1/8th.....7x's or so. I run in the mid to high 1.3x's on a foot brake and tight convertor, and im darn sure no 1000hp. But it takes wayy more than most think to get the 60's down under say 1.45 or so......man its hard on parts too.
Ryan
What is your race weight?

i would have called bs to if i hadnt have seen it. Idk why the truck runs as fast as it does. Matt is one hel of a shifter. Anybody who calls bs should come to western Pa this spring to Pittsburgh Race Way and watch him.

I'm there every Wednesday, I've never seen this guy there. Oh well maybe this year will meet him. Thanks Steve B.

60' and gear shifts.

Assuming constant acceleration

Ok, I remembered a formula from physics courses years ago. D=.5A*Tsquared

Using 60' and 1.86 squared, I come up with 34.68 ft/second as acceleration.

34.68 ft/ second times 1.86 seconds= 64.516 feet per second or 43.99 MPH

That puts me at 2672 RPM in 3rd gear.

To put that in perspective, 1.48 60' time equates to 54.78ft/sec acceleration which equates to 55.28 MPH at the 60' line.
That means a 3rd gen dodge
3.73 gears
NV5600 running 3rd gear 2.04 ratio
Running 32.8" tall tires

Would be turning 4311 rpm. Thus to get an elusive 1.48 60', a manual guy would have to make one gear shift unless he could turn some R's!!!

I'm not going to call B.S. on the fact that he had a time slip, I'm going to recommend anyone running 1.48 60' to claim they "smoked the light" or the timing circuit had a malfunction.

60' and gear shifts.

Assuming constant acceleration

Ok, I remembered a formula from physics courses years ago. D=.5A*Tsquared

Using 60' and 1.86 squared, I come up with 34.68 ft/second as acceleration.

34.68 ft/ second times 1.86 seconds= 64.516 feet per second or 43.99 MPH

That puts me at 2672 RPM in 3rd gear.

To put that in perspective, 1.48 60' time equates to 54.78ft/sec acceleration which equates to 55.28 MPH at the 60' line.
That means a 3rd gen dodge
3.73 gears
NV5600 running 3rd gear 2.04 ratio
Running 32.8" tall tires

Would be turning 4311 rpm. Thus to get an elusive 1.48 60', a manual guy would have to make one gear shift unless he could turn some R's!!!

That all makes sense, And fits my 3rd gear, 30" tires, 4000rpm's. and like i said i shift just as my front tires hit the 60' stick!

I'm not going to call B.S. on the fact that he had a time slip, I'm going to recommend anyone running 1.48 60' to claim they "smoked the light" or the timing circuit had a malfunction.

Right on! :Cheer:

Later
Caleb

ok i do believe that 1.48 would be inaccurate info, but he is really fast for no more than he has, he told me that a 12.9 is the fastest he ever ran and i talked to him yesterday.

I can accept that as well!! Thanx!

. Its all in good fun though right? I hope to see yall at the track

Your right all in good fun, Look me up out there i wont be hardd to find, not mant dmaxes with 6speeds!

Oh i see. Cause ive only seen 1 ZF6 Duramax. Its was a kid from ohio i went to school with. I have a friend that is wanting to swap his 01' from auto to ZF6. I dont know if it is cost effective. What do you think?

Ya i met you there i had the little grey 12 valver there, I borrowed your chalk. Matt was there also but not his truck, his t case was out at the time.

Ya i met you there i had the little grey 12 valver there, I borrowed your chalk. Matt was there also but not his truck, his t case was out at the time.

Are you a tall guy ( maybe wearing a cowboy hat ) ? Thanks Steve B.

Back