Pro Street - SFI rule committee

Thank you for working on this Adam

Happy to help, Rob. I wish there was something we could do to help move things along, but this is new ground in the eyes of sfi. They had no clue these trucks were going so fast at weight. I really don't even think they took the first couple conversations seriously. They are very much in support of a conclusion as of now.

Happy to help, Rob. I wish there was something we could do to help move things along, but this is new ground in the eyes of sfi. They had no clue these trucks were going so fast at weight. I really don't even think they took the first couple conversations seriously. They are very much in support of a conclusion as of now.

That is awesome.

The new proposal draft will be ready soon. I like the additions much better than the previous version. A lot of the squeaky wheels probably will too.

The new proposal draft will be ready soon. I like the additions much better than the previous version. A lot of the squeaky wheels probably will too.

Able to modify existing 8.50 certs?

Able to modify existing 8.50 certs?

That is what we're hoping for. Lots of additional X-bracing. I made a few extra suggestions to help with the cage to parallel frame concern. That may help speed things along. Fingers crossed.

Previewed the draft. Unsure when it'll be accepted or denied from committee. Currently 7.99et, 5000lbs, 25.5spec expandable.

Previewed the draft. Unsure when it'll be accepted or denied from committee. Currently 7.99et, 5000lbs, 25.5spec expandable.
Lyn can post his thoughts as well, but it looks like a retrofit-friendly 5000lb spec that will allow prostreet to push boundaries again.

Lyn can post his thoughts as well, but it looks like a retrofit-friendly 5000lb spec that will allow prostreet to push boundaries again.

I would have preferred a 7.50et with a 4600lbs weight restriction. This should hold most everyone over for a little while though.

This is good news, but why 5000lb?

Several of the current trucks wouldn't make weight so they didn't want to purpose a spec that was only for a few trucks. Also it will fit the LS trucks that aren't limited by 4500lbs.

I'm guessing so people can meet the 4500lbs minimum for pro street and have a little room to be on the heavy side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current revisions are looking good. Should hear some good news in a week if all goes well.

C1C4CA25-3576-4E8B-8ECB-D21683450C6A_zps9bkbwizy.jpeg

Very nice! I'll be calling for my copy in the AM! Thanks for the heads up.

I hope its a typo that the spec only covers a .5 second range when all the others are 1.0 to 1.5 seconds. Maybe they will wait to address that when the time comes?

Last edited:
The 5000lb part doesn't make much sense. 4500 and 7.50 would have kept everyone covered for a while. Good work regardless.

Because more than half of the prostreet field at events are over 4500lbs probably more closer to 5k lbs..