Pro Street - SFI rule committee

By that logic, super street will eventually catch up to pro street and be limited by the same 8.50 spec.

By that logic, super street will eventually catch up to pro street and be limited by the same 8.50 spec.

If you don't impose rules and limits yes eventual they will get much faster, to be honest, there not far off most of the class as it is....

Prostreet will continue to go faster. Especially now that they are more race car than street vehicle.

I'm aware of the hp, but weight is the issue, and untill weight can be dropped and a safe sfi spec set, it won't happen.

Besides 6 tenths of a second at current class weight needs at least 7-800 more hp to get a 7.99. Lots to it bud.

And you've bumped your head if you don't think they have that much more if they want to bring it out.

No one said there wasn't a lot to it. Only thing that was said is they won't reach 7's at 4500lbs. The new 7.50 cert is the first step.

Won't happen at that weight. These guys need a diet, and orgs that allow it to be lighter, or just move up a class. It's a simple fix really.

You mentioned only weight as the factor. Not the many other things you now claim you meant.

No one said there wasn't a lot to it. Only thing that was said is they won't reach 7's at 4500lbs. The new 7.50 cert is the first step.

I'm sure 4x4 weight is 5000, that's the weight and chassis I was referring to, but to be clear, no 4500lbs "pro street" truck will run in the 7s. Maybe a hacked and botched up wanna be might, but that's another story.

Last edited:
You mentioned only weight as the factor. Not the many other things you now claim you meant.

No, I stated weight as the obvious issues, then power, then ended with "there is lots to it bud" in my other post

Last edited:
No, I stated weight as the obvious issues, then power, then ended with "there is lots to it bud" in my other post

Yes, well after the fact. I quoted your original comment that brought my response. It only referred to weight as the issue. You're wrong, its that simple.

I'm sure 4x4 weight is 5000, that's the weight and chassis I was referring to, but to be clear, no 4500lbs "pro street" truck will run in the 7s. Maybe a hacked and botched up wanna be might, but that's another story.

I don't believe anything capable of these times will be "hacked" or "botched".

It doesn't have to run 7's to be out of the current cert. Jared has run a pile of 8.6's, another .10+ and guess what, it's out of cert.

Get off your high horse and think about the guys this thread is really about. It's not about you and your augments mean nothing and are not helping this cause to help our sport.

Yes, well after the fact. I quoted your original comment that brought my response. It only referred to weight as the issue. You're wrong, its that simple.

I might be wrong, but I'll stick to what I said, without weight changes along with saftey specs and hp improved 7s won't happen

I don't believe anything capable of these times will be "hacked" or "botched".

Pro street, is to some, more than a registration....missing body, interior panels, and reworked frame and all the rest is to some botched and hacked.

It doesn't have to run 7's to be out of the current cert. Jared has run a pile of 8.6's, another .10+ and guess what, it's out of cert.

Get off your high horse and think about the guys this thread is really about. It's not about you and your augments mean nothing and are not helping this cause to help our sport.

Not on a high horse. Just stating facts. Helping the sport as you call it, would be first served by staying within saftey confines of chassis tags. Then when there is no cert, move on up, so others can participate with a chance to race at the grass roots level.

Not on a high horse. Just stating facts. Helping the sport as you call it, would be first served by staying within saftey confines of chassis tags. Then when there is no cert, move on up, so others can participate with a chance to race at the grass roots level.

The entire point of this is we are reaching the limit of the current safety standards in nhrda prostreet at 8.50. We're trying to be proactive instead of reactive. Hence working on 25.6 now instead of mid 2016. Also I believe this has made people aware that an 8.50 nhra cage is highly inadequate for the weight and speeds we are seeing. I'd like to see drivers in a safe chassis. No different than you being thankful for a safe chassis during your wall kiss.

Moving on, a solid works 25.6 chassis is being drawn up to be recommended to Sfi and the committee.

The entire point of this is we are reaching the limit of the current safety standards in nhrda prostreet at 8.50. We're trying to be proactive instead of reactive. Hence working on 25.6 now instead of mid 2016. Also I believe this has made people aware that an 8.50 nhra cage is highly inadequate for the weight and speeds we are seeing. I'd like to see drivers in a safe chassis. No different than you being thankful for a safe chassis during your wall kiss.

Moving on, a solid works 25.6 chassis is being drawn up to be recommended to Sfi and the committee.

Thank you for working on this Adam