Pro Street - SFI rule committee

Im looking for the bible verse that applys here............i thought GH had quoted it before about his competetors weights and such. Maybe im mistaken?

I noticed Dow brothers email is missing the R and I get an autonotification showing incorrect email address for them.

Care to elaborate??? What is the proposal/draft saying the requirements will be?
It's an early draft that hasn't really been released yet. The draft looks good. Mainly bumps material specs then may add a bar or two. I think it's a step in the right direction. The weight limit is still being discussed but the proposed limit surprised me.

Last edited:
It's an early draft that hasn't really been released yet. The draft looks good. Mainly bumps material specs then may add a bar or two. I think it's a step in the right direction. The weight limit is still being discussed but the proposed limit surprised me.

Cool! I am excited to see results from this!

You won't be when you see it.

Ahh....another one of these then I take it.

banging-head-against-wall_zpsr9m4emfv.jpg

Because an 8.5 NHRA cage is made from 1-5/8 tubing and the new draft calls 1.75 tubing. You would be better off with an NHRA roll bar to start with.

Care to share why

Because this new spec calls for tubing size that no other nhra spec calls for. From an engineering standpoint, part of the spec makes no sense.

It doesn't seem like much thought or consideration went into this draft. This doesn't just affect us, there are lots of fast LS trucks out there that will have to deal with this.

I wish they would take the advice of people on the committee and make the new spec an addition to the current spec, instead of a complete tear out and rebuild. :badidea:

Because this new spec calls for tubing size that no other nhra spec calls for. From an engineering standpoint, part of the spec makes no sense.

And you expected something to make sense? Ask, and ye shall receive.

Can anyone give us an update on the current 25.6 situation?

#racegreen