Pro Street - SFI rule committee

It's not just a weight and mph issue it's a rollover and flip issue as well. That's why bar specific size will be increased along with other additional improved designs.

For liability issues the main bars were increased. We came up with several scenarios and designs. I believe we could have got away with 1 5/8" bars if the weight wasn't upped to 5000#

Still working through it. I'm at the mercy of the committee at this point. I'll follow up on Monday. The draft i shared with a few should get new builds going.

It could have been done with 1-5/8 tubing and saved a bunch of hassle.

The committee rejected the current proposal. I'll be thinking of ways to add more iron.

Good. Hopefully they go with a 6.50 style cage with a 7.50 cert for higher weight. I dont really see the point of going over 4600 lbs.

Good. Hopefully they go with a 6.50 style cage with a 7.50 cert for higher weight. I dont really see the point of going over 4600 lbs.

This is what I've been trying to make happen. 25.2 cert structure with 25.5 speed limits. I also discussed bringing the weight down closer to where we need it. I believe anyone that needs a chassis of this caliber can make the weight of prostreet.

This is what I've been trying to make happen. 25.2 cert structure with 25.5 speed limits. I also discussed bringing the weight down closer to where we need it. I believe anyone that needs a chassis of this caliber can make the weight of prostreet.

Absolutely. Thanks for your effort with all of this.

No problem. I hate to see our top 2 prostreet guys not able to stretch their legs into high 7s.

Just curious. Where is the best place to find the cert info? Just purchase a rules book? Debating on doing my role bar myself

No problem. I hate to see our top 2 prostreet guys not able to stretch their legs into high 7s.

Won't happen at that weight. These guys need a diet, and orgs that allow it to be lighter, or just move up a class. It's a simple fix really.

Won't happen at that weight. These guys need a diet, and orgs that allow it to be lighter, or just move up a class. It's a simple fix really.

And 6's weren't ever going to happen either. Now they are getting closer and closer to touching 5's!! No doubt in my mind a 7 is possible in a pro street truck at 4500. I don't think you are quite aware the hp someone like Seth is packing.

And 6's weren't ever going to happen either. Now they are getting closer and closer to touching 5's!! No doubt in my mind a 7 is possible in a pro street truck at 4500. I don't think you are quite aware the hp someone like Seth is packing.

I'm aware of the hp, but weight is the issue, and untill weight can be dropped and a safe sfi spec set, it won't happen.

Besides 6 tenths of a second at current class weight needs at least 7-800 more hp to get a 7.99. Lots to it bud.

Last edited:
Point being, I'd hate to see the class limited. I'm sure Brett and Jarid haven't said "Well, I hit 8.50, guess I'm done."

1000hp was cool 5 years ago. Now it is a few bolt on's and a tune.

Point being, I'd hate to see the class limited. I'm sure Brett and Jarid haven't said "Well, I hit 8.50, guess I'm done."

1000hp was cool 5 years ago. Now it is a few bolt on's and a tune.

If classes were never limited you'd have minimal competition, because money would ruin the class. The limits make you decide to stay or move up a class. Pro street and many others need to learn to be consistent before they go faster. One hit wonders get old, hit that number every pass then talk about going faster.

Back