Project DeRanged truck progress

I dont think youre gonna be able to fit the stock hood back on there! :hehe:

hm...guess you really don't see any factory 8 cylinder rangers out there, let alone a 6.0...lol.

I would seriously be considering a fiberglass front end. You have a fabrication nightmare under that hood.

The SPAL ranger used a remote mount alt. I didn't even think about the alt. hitting the hood when I looked at doing this.

I though you were going to dry sump it. Wouldn't that help lower it?

this is one of my favorite threads on here! truck is just amazing and I'm real pumped to watch the progress as it comes together! keep the pics and progress coming!
i may just have to come out and see it's first run, no matter where it's at!

3/8 swivels work great for universal joints in steering shafts, just an FYI LOL

I would seriously be considering a fiberglass front end. You have a fabrication nightmare under that hood.

That would be killer, then he can just make it a flip nose, and remove it if needed....that may not be such a bad idea there Joe.

When I put a diesel in my ranger Tim, I used a steering column out of a Ford Focus. It has tilt and tellescope. I made a real quick and simple mounting bracket. The focus steering column has a u-joint at the end of it before the fire wall. That will allow you to get the shaft lower quicker and mis the block.

The SPAL guys put the steering colun straight into the floor board and then used a u-joint to send it forward. I think they used a hot rod column.

Actually Joe, YOU are going to have a fabrication nightmare under there. LOL :shake:

Just get rid of the steering column. You could steer with pedals or levers like a bulldozer. Or, you could drive by wire. Heck, they do it on airplanes.

Just weld the wheels straight, you don't need no stinking steering wheel:poke:. Just make sure they are really straight and you should be fineLOLLOL

picture.php

I'm comming for you Tim.

Back