Project DeRanged truck progress

That's a pretty harsh driveline angle you've got there. You tryin' to make a wheelie monster? :poke: :D

It was late. I was tired. Axle is backwards also. It has to come back out anyways to get narrowed 11.5 inches on one side and 7.5 on the other.

3/8 swivels work great for universal joints in steering shafts, just an FYI LOL

YOUR LAUGHING BUT IVE DONE IT.......my friends gas chevy pulling truck had a setup like that when we put fender well exit headers on his engine.......we cut and moved the header pipe after about 2 pulls......

Come on and get ya some Doug! LOL Bring it to Houston on the 11th and we can have a flintstone style race. LOL

The furniture dollys under it make it tough to go fast very straight. But it is surprisingly light.

Ok. I'll see what I can do. Tim could you get a billet rack from Chris Alston's Chassisworks.com and go outside the frame on yours?

picture.php

I think your pinion is pointing the wrong way :hehe:

Keep us posted on the progress.

Well it doesn't look like its gonna be finished in time to make this season. I apologize to all of those that have helped out. This thing has taken way longer than I ever imagined, but its all one off stuff since its not a direct swap. Its gonna be at the Houston Event on Oct 11, but it will not have a motor in it at that point. The motor and tranny mounts are nearly done, (Gene finished the motor mounts, but being a perfectionist, he didn't like them so he is re-doing them:thankyou2:). When it gets to Houston it will be ready to have a motor dropped into it. Its taken this long, but it looks awesome. I'm not gonna rush it and screw up what has been done so far. Most everything is here that is needed to finish it. Once I get it in Austin, I will finish up getting the motor in it, and the wiring done, then its off to Hellmans for a custom intercooler, and plumbing the twins.

Again I could not have done this without the help of the sponsors. I apologize for it taking so long, but its something you will be proud to have your name on. Thank you for your patience!

Sponsor list:
Di Pricol
TCI auto
FASS
Pure Diesel Power
TS Performance
Grand Rock Exhaust
The "secret" turbo guys. LOL
Ryan Casserly at Full Force Diesel
Painless wiring
Chad Westfall and the guys at Trusted Performance
Greg Houge Motorsports supply
Direct injection performance
Royal Purple

I truly could not have done it without you guys.

Cant wait to see this thing in person! are you going to have it at DI the 10th? Hope so thats the only way I will get to see it.

It's nice to see folks that had rather be a little late and do it right than just some bunk slapped together that's on-time. I think that's what people would call "having pride" in what they do.

It's nice to see folks that had rather be a little late and do it right than just some bunk slapped together that's on-time. I think that's what people would call "having pride" in what they do.

:clap: could not agree more with Rich.
Tim I am glad you are taking your time to have it done right:rockwoot:. I don't want to drive something that has been slapped togetherLOLLOL

Thanks Tim:Cheer:. Seriously, glad you are going to wait, it will make it that much better once it is done:woohoo:

Looking good hoping to make the trip to Houston to see it in person.

Original vacuum brake booster was a problem, so here is the solution. out of a 03 -f-250.

brake_booster.jpg

Back