Project DeRanged truck progress

Its good to see this:

motor3.jpg

Tim, Looks like things are starting to come together over there. How much work have you been able to get done a day considering your never home! :bang

Not enough. LOL

Went to the shop today, and here is the short block, minus 2 holes. Broke the rings putting them in. :doh:.

engine_bottom.jpg

Looking good. I might need to be next in line.... How much longer before your guys is done?

Not enough. LOL

Went to the shop today, and here is the short block, minus 2 holes. Broke the rings putting them in. :doh:.

engine_bottom.jpg

That will get ya fired around my camp.....Something is not right if they are breaking rings.........Heed the warning:bang

Looking good. I might need to be next in line.... How much longer before your guys is done?

Mine will be done monday Chad. John, these guys don't typically do diesel motors, mostly alcohol, nitro, and topfuel motors. They are top notch. Not sure why the rings were broke.

Maybe they tried to roll them into place, that will get them for sure. Ive always used a ring expander and never had a problem. But tons of the old school guys still roll them in place, it can also tend to leave a twist in them if your not carefull. I'll go back and read this whole thread later, its a nice build for sure, what are the plans for it. All race like Pro Street, or a street strip type build? Interesting to see how a well preped ford will run, any predictions. All so sorry if these questions have already been answered, i just have not read through it yet. I'd like to catch up with you some time at a race and really look it over, nice job!
Ryan

They use a ring expander, I don't really know what happened, but believe me, this is a guy that won't reuse an oil pickup or pump no matter what its condition. Dave is one of the best. I have no fears of this bottom end.

I had to run down to Austin yesterday and today. When threw almost 12 quarts of oil. I think I have a big oil leak........ Might need to give Dave a call....

Back